New to everything

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RHiAnna Richards, Jun 13, 2018.

1. RHiAnna Richards

RHiAnna Richards LawnSite Member

Hello all. I am new to everything. In the process of starting my own landscaping business so I am sure I will have a ton of questions. What's the most needed equipment for a 2 person start up catering to both B2B and B2C? Thanks in advance

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Very open question. Landscape install or maintenance? Any mowing?

RHiAnna Richards likes this.
  3. RHiAnna Richards

For now, mowing, fertilizing, basic lawn care services and snow removal

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps a lawn mower and string trimmer would be a good start.

RHiAnna Richards likes this.
  5. RHiAnna Richards

Im coming into this with a sizeable amount of money. At least $20,000, mind you I know I need a riding lawn mower with a floatable blade due to where I live, (Nebraska) a trimmer, hedger, edger, pickup truck, trailer, rear bag, push mower that's self propelled, of course safety equipment etc. But I plan on going into this starting off with commercial properties. It will be myself and a very good friend of mines to start, until I can get enough in revenue to hire more. Am I over thinking this?

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

My opinion would be too go to work for someone else at least for the rest of this season. Save your cash for now.

sehitchman and knox gsl like this.
  7. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Senior Member

Late starts are hard, but if your expectations are low then you'll be fine and ready for snow removal and well prepared for next year

8. RHiAnna Richards

I was going to wait & learn everything i can this year & POSSIBLY start next season. But im also in a position to where i can wait until 2020 if need be. I want to make sure i start this right & learn all i can first.

9. RHiAnna Richards

I was going to wait & learn everything i can this year & POSSIBLY start next season. But im also in a position to where i can wait until 2020 if need be. I want to make sure i start this right & learn all i can first.