1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New to forum from S.E. Texas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by hencutter, Apr 9, 2009.

1. hencutter

hencutter LawnSite Member

Just joined this forum today. Wife runs the landscape buisness full time. I help her and the crew on my days off ( 4 on;4 off schedule.) We were partners with my dad for 26 years in a small garden center. He passed away last year, and we were going to try to continue with it, but hurricane Ike had a different idea.

2. Murphy's LawnCare

Murphy's LawnCare LawnSite Member

Nice to see someone on here from my area. Do yall operate out of dayton?

3. hencutter

Yes. We have lived here since 82.started the retail garden center in 83. The landscape buisness more or less "morphed" out of that and became a seperate biz in 2000.We come to Beaumont often ! It's the same distance as Houston,only with a fraction of the traffic.

4. Murphy's LawnCare

Murphy's LawnCare LawnSite Member

Yea, I am actually from silsbee. You are probably familiar with silsbee, I believe we were in Daytons district for sports.

5. hencutter

yeah,I go kayaking/fly fishing on Village creek a couple times a year.We took the grandkids to pick blueberries over there last year.nice town.