1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New to me Stihl trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captbob, Jun 3, 2007.

1. captbob

captbob LawnSite Member

I just pick up a large commercial account with 3 retentition ponds when wet all detail work around the ponds I went shopping for a light weight trimmer and my dealer (Royal edger and mower) gave me a FS 100 Rx as a demo to try I never thought 3-4 pounds could make so much of A difference I can one hand this baby and the 4-mix is a lot quieter needless to say I pulled the trigger I only have about 5 tankfulls thru it but I am impressed the drive shaft is hollow aluminum but carries a lifetime warranty the 4 mix winds up a bit slower but I have adjusted to that so far. Any negitives on this one?
    Capt Bob

2. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

There is nothing but positives with Stihl. How dare you ask for negatives!!! LOL. The only negatives are the select few products that leave the production line that have a few problems. Every product that is being massed produced will have a unit that is wacked. love my Fs-100. Plenty of power, lightweight and gets the job done fast. Get rid of the loner and get yourself a unit of your own.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Their great, no problems with mine except their a pain to start when their hot.

4. captbob

captbob LawnSite Member

Tanks, I have not had to shut it off yet
    Capt

5. I'd recommend synthetic 2-cycle oil for the Stihl. No fouling of the plug or exhaust screens.
    Mine will start with one pull when hot. Unless I screw up and choke it. Then it takes a lot to start it.