• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

New to the area

How much do i charge for large acreage residentials?

• How much are they charging?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Are big ones worth it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Competitive or low balling!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pricing large residential?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

homescapes

LawnSite Member
Hello everyone. I just discovered this site and i hope some of you have some helpful thoughts.

Last year i moved to Maryland and this past Fall decided to get back into the industry (I had a landscape company in Ohio for 8 years).

Right now i am going through the estimating trial and errors. My biggest challenge is figuring for mowing. We focus on high end residential and I am finding that the larger properties 2+ acres are the toughest to estimate. I am used to the 5,000-10,000 sq. ft properties which we have a minimum of $35/visit.

So, what are guys in the area charging? Is it broken down into thousands of sq ft and the larger the footage the smaller the dollar amount per 1000?

I recently was out bid ona property that i measured at 50,000 plus sq ft. I bid $90-95 and lost it to someone charging $60:confused: :confused: Any thoughts?

HomeScapes

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
you're not gonna get $35 for 5k lawns.

qualitylandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
$90 for alittle over an acre??? I think your prices are WAY WAY WAY to high.. $50-60 for a one acre property sounds right on target.

Luscious Lawns

LawnSite Member
90 for a little seems a little high for N GA. I try and get around 50 per acre. Of course this is mowing only, to this I add ammount of edgeing, string trimming and whatever else the client orders.

rookiemower

LawnSite Senior Member
that poll seems to make no sense what so ever?

bastalker

LawnSite Senior Member
The poll was kinda out there......Didn't make alot a sense to me either..

Homescapes, you were a little high in the estimate. $50 - $60 an acre is the norm... $60 would have been a good bid for just over an acre....