1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

New to the commercial bidding game

Discussion in 'NALP' started by mojomitch, Aug 4, 2017.

1. mojomitch

mojomitch LawnSite Member

New to the board here and looking for some general help in getting pointed into the right direction.

First off, how would I go about learning to properly bid for commercial landscape & snow removal accounts?

I know there's more to it than just going out and walking with the property managers and RFP's. Who do I go to to find out about labor costs, man-hours, etc.... my boss? Someone else?

This is something my boss is wanting me to transition over too. I do very well for myself on the residential side when it comes to lawn/tree sales. He wants me to think about being an account manager, but he's already made mention much of this I will have to find out about on my own. The two other account managers are quite busy. I know they will give me some guidance, but I don't want to keep them from doing their job as well. Talk about a huge step up in responsibility (responsibility I would gladly take on, Btw).

Any books or websites that take you through the bidding process? Thanks ahead of time guys/gals.

2. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Bronze Member

Try contacting Phil Harwood at Pro-Motion consulting mypmcteam.com. They have some interesting landscape maintenance estimating tools including a simple excel driven spreadsheet. I saw his webinar on Planet (NALP) years ago and it has worked for me since.