New to the forum

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Jimjjr, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Jimjjr

Jimjjr LawnSite Member

I enjoy using forums. Mainly for the vast knowledge of many people who are interested in a lot of the same things as me. I'll just throw my situation out for comment.
    I have a exmark later Z Ct 23 hp Briggs 60" cut. I bought this mower used and was my first zero turn
    Bout 8 or 9 years ago with just a few minor problems.
    It's seems as lof late (couple months) I had to be sure it was raved up good before engaging the deck. About a week ago started it up and of course forgot to rev it up enough and it stalled.
    When I went to restart nothing so I started checking safety switches etc. through a tech support call it was decided that the seat delay relay was to blame. Ordered one installed it and the still no start.
    Not sure just a feeling I have suspected the brake switch it seems to be working
    i jumped the red black wire to the green wire and I could start it but no matter how much I reved it up when I engage the deck it kills the motor???????
    Thanks for your help with this matter
    Jimjjr

2. Mason Petrov

Mason Petrov LawnSite Member

Welcome to the forum!
    What happens when it dies? Does it cut out instantly or stall like its to much load? If it only worked at WOT before I'd say its more likely that it's a combustion issue. You could try relieving the tension or removing the belt from the PTO and see what happens. That would give you a idea of whats happening.

3. OP
    OP
    Jimjjr

Jimjjr LawnSite Member

Mason thanks for your reply. It pretty much stoped instantly like when you fold motion control lever out by accident which got me to wondering about safety switches the brake didn't have power going through it. I thought it was bad for a bit but finally zeroed in on LH motion control arm and found the safety switch is either slipped out of adjustment or had went permanently open. Said all that to say I stumbled on to the problem and for now I've got it going again. Thanks again for your reply
    Jimjjr

4. Mason Petrov

Mason Petrov LawnSite Member

No problem, glad you figured it out!