1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New to the forums..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by S.Florida Landscapes, Dec 16, 2008.

1. S.Florida Landscapes

S.Florida Landscapes LawnSite Member

My name is Tom. I am 23 years old and have been in the retail/wholesale nursery buisness for 4 years now (close to 5). It started as a summer job right out of highschool (friend of the family who owns the nursery) and 5 years later I love the job.

Never went to school for any aspect of it, but have been told that I know more than people that have. I am positive that I have so much more to learn, but for being 23 and no schooling I know more than half of the "landscapers" that come into the place that I work.

The job started, like I said, as a summer job. Started as a loader with no experiance or knowladge of the materials or the buisness itself. Over the past 4 years I have moved up from loader, to sales, to machine operator, design, installation..and Now my job incorporates all of them on a daily basis.

I now, should have long ago, will be buying a truck and going in partners with one of the guys I mt and have become good friends with through work.

I plan on using these forums as a tool, and hope to meet some good people.

I am in South Florida.

-Tom

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

If you're looking for info to help you grow in your career, you have found the right place. I learn new things everyday on here. Hope to speak with you in the future. Welcome to the site!

3. S.Florida Landscapes

S.Florida Landscapes LawnSite Member

Thank you for the welcome man!

Check out my post "trucks trucks trucks.."

and give your $0.02 please!

thanks,

-TN