1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New Toro 52" Mulching Problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bings, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Bings

Bings LawnSite Member

O.K. guy's I just picked up my new Toro 52" 27hp. today. Has the stripe kit and mulch kit installed. It has what I think are high sail blades on it. Problem is it doesn't seem to be mulching. I was mowing a family members yard for the 1st time this season. and there was leaves left from the fall. when I looked behind me the leaves were still the same size. also when going thru grass 8" tall the mower would stall if I didn't just creep thru it. I know I have a lot to learn here but would a different blade help? My dad was mowing with a 60" Dixon 20hp. but was SD and was mowing circles around me. I guess I need to know if that's just the way it is or do I take this mulching kit off.
    Kinda frustrated...Dealer is a family member but his mechanic is out sick. He say's something is wrong, this shouldn't be happening. Anyone got any ideas???

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

This time of year I'd take the mulch kit off as the growth is dense and thick. Also don;'t sweat it as trying to mulch 8" tall grass is not going to happen in most cases.