1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Toro T2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCPullman, Feb 22, 2008.

1. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my new 36" Toro T2-bar mower delivered and thought I'd post some pictures.

Toro1.jpg

Toro2.jpg

Toro3.jpg

Toro4.jpg

Toro5.jpg

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Congrats. How do you like the new controls compared to the old style? I haven't had an opportunity to try the T2 out yet.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Man, we must be getting lazy in this business to need an electric start on a walkbehind but other than that its a nice mower.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious as to what that cost? I heard they were VERY expensive, well up there with the Exmarks and new Scags... I'm guessing about $6,250 with the catcher?

5. LCPullman

I never used the old-style T-Bar Hydro. I used the T-Bar gear and loved it, wouldn't have anything else in gear drive. But in hydro, I've just used the H-Bar.

6. LCPullman

Yes, it is plenty, $5650 for the mower and $400 for the catcher. But well worth every cent. Time will tell, but from my experience, it looks like a bulletproof machine.

7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Wow. That's a lot for a 36" w/b!!! I can get a exmark lazer hp for $6000 with 46" deck in my area.

8. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

wow, that is exactly the mower i want for this season...i got a quote for it here in town and they told me the exact same price...that mower really is bulletproof, it's 36", floating deck, hydro...i'm not sure about the new controls, i hear they are badass...i haven't even tried the old t-bar...keep me posted on how you like it when u run it during the season...

9. LCPullman

From what I have seen, the riders with small decks 34-48 are often only slightly more than the walk-behinds with similar decks.
    But there are some places you simply cannot take a rider. So walk-behinds are a necessity .

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I agree, but would get a plain old belt drive fixed deck if I was going with a w/b.