Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a new contract signed and sealed to mow the county schools. After getting feedback on WAM's I popped for a Toro 4000 this morning to go along with the JD 1600. Here are some pictures on it's first hour.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, that's Kris on the mower. The pictures were taken at Carolina Forest High School. This school has 56 acres to be mowed weekly. The contract is for 5 years.

The cut is 10.5' wide and will mow at 8.8 MPH without a problem. What I liked about this is that the entire deck is out front. The wings fold up to make it only 71" wide.

Sky Cloud Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
49 schools with a total of 707 acres to be mowed over 5 years. That should cover the equipment.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
WOW....That's alot of mowing. What are you getting, around 20 an acre? If that's the case, that's some serious gross.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Details please, nice damn mower!

How many crews are you running and how many other accounts do you have besides the school system? Sounds like a nice, no make that a HELL of a catch...Congrats..

·
Banned
4,203 Posts
kris said:
I hope all goes well but the reality is that these jobs always go to lowest bidder and usually the one that made the biggest mistake.
That was my first thought but didn't want to say it...........

No ill will intended, I certainly hope it works out well........

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
dvmcmrhp52 said:
No ill will intended, I certainly hope it works out well........
So do I .

I watched a friend get edged out by a low bid on city cutting this season and he was so pissed off at the lack of loyalty for years of good work he did that he quit the business. He recommended us to all his other customers. ....

I refuse to bid on the city cutting.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Isn't that a 4100-D?

It's new, right?

How much more was it for a 580-D?

·
Registered
521 Posts
CoastalGreenscapes said:
Well, I got a new contract signed and sealed to mow the county schools. After getting feedback on WAM's I popped for a Toro 4000 this morning to go along with the JD 1600. Here are some pictures on it's first hour.
Looks like you missed a few strips.

Just breaking your balls.

What a beast.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
grassmasterLLC said:
49 schools, what did you get the whole state?????

do you do weed control on those accounts?
No... just the county. No weed control is in the contract but each school can issue a separate PO for it. Fire Ant control is in the contract.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lqmustang said:
Nice account!! Do the schools give you storage at various locations to help keep your equipment? Or are you trailering everying to each location?
We trailer the equipment. I've got a 35' flatbed to pull everything around on.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tonyr said:
geeeezus! WHAT A RIG!

what type and size engine drives that brute?

how heavy is it?

is that a side discharge or rear discharge deck?
60 hp Kubota® Turbo-Diesel Engine
• Full-Time Bi-Directional 4-Wheel Drive
• Unmatched Operator Visibility
• Unsurpassed Maneuverability
• 10-1/2 Foot Cutting Width

http://www.toro.com/golf/mower/rough/gm4100/4100.html

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.