Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,156 Posts
Makes it alot easier to grease everything... just pull the trigger....Just be carefull its easy to overfill.....It actually shoots a glop of grease a good long way.....One day on of my employee's shot with a water hose early in the day the evening we were doing maintenance and her back was turned and 3 quick pulls of the trigger at 20 feet, all Center body shots....:)

·
Registered
966 Posts
MarcSmith said:
Makes it alot easier to grease everything... just pull the trigger....Just be carefull its easy to overfill.....It actually shoots a glop of grease a good long way.....One day on of my employee's shot with a water hose early in the day the evening we were doing maintenance and her back was turned and 3 quick pulls of the trigger at 20 feet, all Center body shots....:)
LOL....do you hook it up to a compressor?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, 1/4 inch fitting hooks to compressor, no more pumping, just click it on and go, one handed operation, I can do all 27 zerks I have in a heartbeat now.

This model is built like a tank so it should last a good long time. No maintenece outlined in the manual either.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Excellent tool. Handle swivels so you can grease any fitting, even the awkward out-of-the-way ones. Makes maintenance that much more easier and frankly, way more fun. Gotta love the time saving tools.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MarcSmith said:
also, Id get rid of the steel tube on the end and replace it with a flexible hose. Much more user freindly for the tight spots....
Marc,
Thanks for the tip. I expected to need a flexible hose but I guess I am lucky in that all of the zerks I deal with can take the steel tube fitting as is and it keeps me able to hold a cup of coffee in the other hand.

One thing I have found is that once it is popped onto a zerk it takes quite a tug to pull it off. My old grease gun fitting you could back up a sleeve and it would free it up a bit but this baby is like a remora on a shark. Big tug to get it free.

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.