• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

new toy

strayer1

LawnSite Member
hello, just picked up my 1st emark lazer hp and its brand new and was wondering how soon should i change the hydro oil also, is it hard to do or should i take it to a dealer?what about the engine oil? how soon should i change it for break-in?:eek:

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
I purchased a new scag today, hydro change is 500 hours and the engine is 10 hours and its a kohler, but different manufactures have different intervals , I would call my dealer back and ask them. And I quess it depends on how mechanically inclined you are if you or the dealer preforms this service

jbt

LawnSite Member
Dealer should have gone over this when you bought it. Most new units come with break-in oil in the engine which needs to be changed after 8-10 hours. My dealer gave me the oil filter for the first change.

charlies

LawnSite Senior Member
i might be wrong about this, but i don't think you want to change the hydro oil unless there is a problem.

On mine it said once a year. I can do a lot of maintenance, but for the $$ and being only once a year, I'll let the dealer do mine, at least for the first year(don't want any questions if there's a problem with the hydro and warranty).

Check your owners manual.

Hope this helps, littlenic