Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
36", floating deck, Kawi 15hp, and Shindaiwa stick edger ( first stick for me) I'm used to the fixed deck, so tomorrow will be the test. Feels like X-mas eve..........:p

~Nest

P.S. Drove 20 miles and got the TurfTracer floating deck for same price as local dealers wanted for the Viking fixed deck.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Very nice machines, EN! :D Congrats.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Originally posted by springman26
Nice stuff man! Whats a floating deck? I guess it moves up and down independantly? Please explain.
Yes, when the deck rollers are properly set any corner or side of the deck can move up over bumps to contour the ground and give a better cut. The key is to have the deck rollers set right. It took a day or so for me to figure that out with my TTHP 52". Now it cuts beautifully!

EN congrats on the new toys, you'll love the TTHP and floating deck! Get a Proslide sulky and you're all set! The Proslide is my favorite of all on the smaller lawns because it lets you ride or step off and walk the tigher and smaller parts of a lawn then hop back on and ride the more open areas. Very handy and saves time unhooking a conventional wheel sulky. Keeps you at ground level and right behind the controls too. Stripes like there's no tomorrow as well!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I now have 22 hours (tiny tach) on that same Exmark with a proslide... I found it much better when I added the weight kit as the front end was hard to keep on the ground with the proslide... especially going up hills...

Looks like you have the mulch kit on also??? Congrats!!!

I don't think the fixed or floating deck will make much of a cutting difference in the 36 inch size, but it sure is a lot easier to change the mowing height...

Good luck... and thanks for the gatorline response :)

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Good Luck with it.

Wondering what you will think of the floating deck vs. fixed.

Just don't rush to us with an evaluation tomorrow. Let us know after a full week of work or a week and a half. Logicaly then you would have done just about all you can with it and provide a better evaluation.

Awe heck.......................lay it on us tomorrow ;)

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, gents. Will give a short report after tomorrow's use, but will wait for a week or so, like mentioned, for the final opinions. SURE love hearing the 680 hrs, no down time thing.

Yes, got the mulching kit, had them throw it on while I waited. Also, ordered the 2 wheeled jungle wheels, the kind that has two swivel points....don't think I'd like the slide. Should get it tomorrow evening or the next day. Getting striping kit for it also, and will be the only one in my town striping that I know of.

OK, off to bed. Santa's coming!!:D

~Nest

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
EN, I sold my old two wheeled sulky the other day and put it on the homeowner's JD 36" belt drive and drove it real quick, man what a roller coaster ride. I've been spoiled by the Proslide. Nothing wrong with the two wheel trailing types but after you use a castering or a Proslide you don't wanna go back to those things! They're like aerobics on wheels with all that twisting stuff. Going backwards.....hmm.... gotta be careful not to jacknife. Yes the two wheel has it's place if you do steep steep hills or places where you need to "snake" the rig instead of having something swing out on turns, but the Proslide lets you do it how you want.
Sorry for being long-winded..... enjoy the rig, i'd kinda like to have one like it for a couple gates I have...

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, what can I say. LOTS of down time with the new mower......because I FINISHED SO QUICKLY!!! hehe

I did 14 yards today, by 2:00, alone, with an hour for lunch. WOOOOT! I am very impressed with the floating deck; one of my yards there is a place that is EASY to scalp, with the Viking, the rider, even the lawnboys. The Turf Tracer went right over the area, not a single scalp. I was amazed. What amazes me even more is the mulching kit. OMG! What a time-saver!! The stuff just disappears...gone....pooof! No more worrying which side the mower is facing. No more grass in gardens, bird baths, etc.

One thing, it is leaving a somewhat uneven cut, I'm assuming that I need to adjust the roller on the deck, as mentioned before. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

If you've been contemplating buying eXmark, all I can say is you will NOT be disappointed.

Thanks,
~Nest

·
Registered
338 Posts
Elephant,
That's my dream mower (and also my next major purchase)!!!!
Who did you buy from and how were they to deal with?

Check the pressure in the tires. Had the same problem on my lazer hp and that's all it was.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will do, thanks.

Got it from Mower Wharehouse in Chalmette. 504-279-5296 Great people to deal with, everything I touched they made a deal on, except for the trimmer line. ( Gator and I love it! )

$4199.00 which is what all other dealers wanted for the Viking.

You won't regret it, bud, I promise you. One yard I did today was mine, but of all the others, in 5 hours of work, that thing made me $80.00/hour today. Before, I was struggling to reach the magical $60.00/hour. Not struggling, but you know what I mean, 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there and WHAM, your rate per hour just got nailed. This thing is a money maker, I was losing money ( potential income) by NOT having it. I SO need many more accounts now! lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congrats. I can't wait to get one! Let us know how it does with the Jungle Wheels. What other local (northshore) dealers were you dealing with?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.