1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New Trailer Treatment

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bushvelt, Jan 26, 2006.

1. bushvelt

bushvelt LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,
    Just did a search of trailer bed treatment & didn't find any comments in the first 4 pages. I just bought a new 82.5"X16' open trailer & am wondering if anyone does a treatment of the wolminized decking & what did you use? I know that the treated lumber is pretty tough but every used trailer I looked @ had the wood beds starting to rot.
    Also, has anyone ever used contractor tool boxes as the storage box on their trailers? (i.e. Greenlee/ Ridgid). Waterproof, lockable, 2 bolts in the rail & roll it off.
    Thanks
    GREAT SITE

2. firecapt13

firecapt13 LawnSite Member
    from NC

try a do it yourself bedliner kit. i used the herculiner brand with great results. they have other off brands but i would go with herculiner

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

When I bought my trailer 3 years ago, the guy at the dealer said to use thomson's water seal. He said coat the top, but not the bottom, so it can 'breath'. He said if i did that it would "last forever". Have not tried it though.

4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I heard the same thing. And as well i have not tried it.

5. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

I have a sixteen foot trailer that I used deck stain on. It lasts about two year before it starts to wear off.
    p.s. I used the kind that has extra sealant in it.

6. ronniez71

ronniez71 LawnSite Member

Do u have a tractor supply store near u? They got some tractor and trailer paint that works great!! I did mine the other day in my buddies heated garage its for metal and wood $22gallon