• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

New trailer. What options?

swim

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm going to get a new trailer in the next couple of days and wondering what things work well for you. It is going to be 16ft or 18 ft . It will be 75% for lawn service work and some for landscaping. I use a f350 flatbed for pulling it and hauling most other supplies. It will carry a 52in walk behind, a 60 Z, trimmers, and blowers for the most part. What things have helped make your trailer more user friendly and more productive?

myoder

LawnSite Member
Are you going to go with an open or enclosed trailer? I have an 20' enclosed trailer and use every inch of the trailer so if you go open or enclosed I would get the 18'. Then get some trimmer racks and stuff like that to make it more efficient.

OP
S

swim

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm going to use a open trailer for now. Hope to only use it for 1 or 2 years then upgrade to a cabover truck but keep the trailer for hauling tractor, or anything that won't go inside the cabover.

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Go with the 18'er. I made the mistake of getting a 14' trailer and had to upgrade to a 16'er the next year.