Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of pictures of my new 21in. Snapper Trim Mower. I replaced the rear-wheels with larger pneumatic turf tires and replaced the front wheels with commercial radial style wheels.

·
Banned
2,382 Posts
Does it push a lot easier?

Dave

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 1st picture is a bit distorted due to adjusting the picture size which makes the rear wheels look wider. The 2nd picture got cut off but shows the wheels at actual size. However the rear wheels do stick out about 1/2 inch past the deck. I have only tried it in my own yard but it seems to work really well. It is really easy to push & maneuver. Plan on putting it on the trailer next week to replace the old Snapper.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Originally posted by cos
That's why they call it a push mower. I never pull a push mower, cause it is not meant to cut that way.
COS- I think he meant that if you are using it to mow a small area as opposed to just "trimming" with it, the 1/2" thats sticks out on the side that hasn't been mowed yet will get pushed down. Therefore when you get to the end of that row and turn around, you'll be mowing the grass that was pushed down by the tires on the previous lap. Thats the way I interpreted it at least.

-Coop

·
Banned
1,250 Posts
Originally posted by Cooper Landscaping
COS- I think he meant that if you are using it to mow a small area as opposed to just "trimming" with it, the 1/2" thats sticks out on the side that hasn't been mowed yet will get pushed down. Therefore when you get to the end of that row and turn around, you'll be mowing the grass that was pushed down by the tires on the previous lap. Thats the way I interpreted it at least.

-Coop
Thanks. Just missed it. I don't think there is much weight to mash down the grass, but who knows?

Does it have that problem, yet? :)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
bigfoot, looks like that thing needs a V-8 , a roll cage, and a 5 point harness:D

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I bet FSM could make one of those hover mowers out of a trash can lid and a lawnboy engine though.:p

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I really like them Monster Truck tires on that snaper man!

Everything i have too is SPed. My Hover mower (as seen above) is only for really steep ditches, inclines, and under tight places in a yard (under boats,etc)My Honda HR214 E.S. Twin Blade is for trimming

Plant People in nature Tree Sky Leaf

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.