Lawn Care Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Wow, you've got more serious problems than getting physically hurt and any legitamite businessman would realize this. 44 accounts and no insurance...either your lying about that or you have good luck with no accidents but that will run out eventually. What is keeping you from being legit and doing it the right way? Anybody with 44 accounts wouldnt hardly notice that little insurance payment come out...Its one thing to work other jobs and mow but we wont get into that.

Wow, you've got more serious problems than getting physically hurt and any legitamite businessman would realize this. 44 accounts and no insurance...either your lying about that or you have good luck with no accidents but that will run out eventually. What is keeping you from being legit and doing it the right way? Anybody with 44 accounts wouldnt hardly notice that little insurance payment come out...Its one thing to work other jobs and mow but we wont get into that.
Yea, and the insurance isn't for you, its for other people that you might project a rock at, hit them in the eye, brake a window, etc

I'm not lying. I just picked up 15 new accounts from my friend that's going to Boston University for hockey. I've been doing this for 7 years without an injury. Why? Because i take my time. I don't rush into things. I turn down accounts that i know propose hazards to me. For example: 2 weeks ago a man came up to me and asked if i could mow his lawn. His east side of the yard was extremely steep. I told him i couldn't because i had too many accounts already(I lied) Lets look at some of the potential hazards on this yard: Slide down it and turn the mower over and injure myself. Or i could slide down and hit a parked car at the base of the hill. I don't make stupid mistakes. Firefighting has taught me that skill. One mistake in a house fire could cost your life. I'm smarter than that.

and the reason i dont want to be legit is because i dont have enough interest to make this a lifetime career. In about a year i hope to become a career firefighter and when you become a career FF your health benifits are even greater. And when i go to being a career FF ill drop over half of my accounts and probably stick around 23 or 25.

KC..I don't think you understand what the guys are trying to tell you. You need LIABILITY insurance. So that WHEN not IF..WHEN you have an off day and run over a rock, throw it through someone's windshield, they run off the road, hit a telephone pole. it falls on a house, house catches on fire, burns up three city blocks. The minute you become so overconfident that it will never happen to you BAM...the unexpected will happen. I guess you don't carry insurance on your personal vehicle because you are VERY careful when you drive. And by your own statements, why would you even have health insurance if you are so overly cautious in everything you do? These guys and myself are not trying to bash you dude. We are looking out for you so that you don't make some of the same mistakes we have had to learn from the hard way. Isn't that wat lawnsite is all about anyway? learning from one another? or is it to post pictures of our new mowers and trucks?

btw...that S10 ain't no half ton kid...sorry. I have an S10, have had a Z71 and now have a 3/4 ton. HUge difference in all three.

KC..I don't think you understand what the guys are trying to tell you. You need LIABILITY insurance. So that WHEN not IF..WHEN you have an off day and run over a rock, throw it through someone's windshield, they run off the road, hit a telephone pole. it falls on a house, house catches on fire, burns up three city blocks. The minute you become so overconfident that it will never happen to you BAM...the unexpected will happen. I guess you don't carry insurance on your personal vehicle because you are VERY careful when you drive. And by your own statements, why would you even have health insurance if you are so overly cautious in everything you do? These guys and myself are not trying to bash you dude. We are looking out for you so that you don't make some of the same mistakes we have had to learn from the hard way. Isn't that wat lawnsite is all about anyway? learning from one another? or is it to post pictures of our new mowers and trucks?

btw...that S10 ain't no half ton kid...sorry. I have an S10, have had a Z71 and now have a 3/4 ton. HUge difference in all three.
Trust me i fully understand. I've read post after post, thread after thread about guys not being insured and everybody on there not even giving the guy a chance to speak. I'm sorry guys but i just dont have enough interest in this industry to get insured. It wont happen. And if i break a window on a hosue or vehicle, so be it. My mother comes from an extremely wealthy family so honestly i dont think the money for repairing it would be an issue. Im not gonna make this an arguement.

Ummm...what good is a farm permit doing you? You can drive TO, FROM and IN CONNECTION WITH any FARM RELATED work. And to/from school. Mowing lawns commercially is NOT FARM RELATED work.

Don't get me wrong, I used my farm permit to mow a little when I was 14, but not a whole lot. I could forsee you being in a whole mess of trouble if you got in a wreck, with a farm permit, while mowing. Your parents would be mighty pissed if they lost everything they got because you get in a wreck mowing commercially with a farm permit.

I guess you got commercial insurance on your truck since you use it as a business vehicle?

And your truck is a 1/4 ton, NOT a half ton. A half ton is the 89 K1500 that I just bought (need to make a post about that, have no clue why i bought a truck, it just kinda happened).

Yea, i'm pretty sure the sonoma is a 1/4 ton truck like Mike said.
i looked it up, and depending on configuration, it's either a 1/4 ton or 1/3 ton rated truck. but it is no shape or form a 1/2 ton truck. put a 1300 pound pallet of stone in that truck, and in a GMC 1500 and you'll see what i mean. but oh yea, a pallet won't fit in the bed of that truck. regardless, it's not a bad truck, i like it for what he does, but him thinking it's a 1/2 ton with 1/2 ton capabilities could get him into trouble.

Trust me i fully understand. I've read post after post, thread after thread about guys not being insured and everybody on there not even giving the guy a chance to speak. I'm sorry guys but i just dont have enough interest in this industry to get insured. It wont happen. And if i break a window on a hosue or vehicle, so be it. My mother comes from an extremely wealthy family so honestly i dont think the money for repairing it would be an issue. Im not gonna make this an arguement.
SCARY! Fire Fighter?

so does my wife, but I still carry $2 million in general liability. And it WILL happen. I'm sorry, but it's morons like you that give all of us a bad rap. I really do hope you are right and nothing will happen, but WHEN it does, and your victim finds out your mother comes from a wealthy family, I hope you have a good attorney.

so does my wife, but I still carry $2 million in general liability. And it WILL happen. I'm sorry, but it's morons like you that give all of us a bad rap. I really do hope you are right and nothing will happen, but WHEN it does, and your victim finds out your mother comes from a wealthy family, I hope you have a good attorney.
Yea i dont think he understands what can happen. And the scary part is he is a fireman. A person people rely on to save lives and his judment isnt on par. Just so your aware, its easy to be at fault. If you were involved in a car accident pulling your mowers and you are deemed at fault and somebody was hurt. You are done! Your personal car insurance will not pay. You dont have business insurance on your vehicle and liability. So they will go after you personally and your so called wealthy family. You can say goodbye to all your future earnings and the judgement against you will attach your pay. Its easy to get involved in a mess no matter how carefull you are. Besides that and on a personal level, you owe it to the person you injure to make sure their medical bills are covered.

It just so happens that the our neighbor two doors down our hosue is the County Attorney and i have mowed thier lawn many times and i went to school with their son and my sister always babysat their little son.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
alright everyone. as we all know that just about everyone knows their local/city law enforcement. many of us are friends with most of them too. and with everyone bashing the farm permit, insurance thing, i have went and talked to local law enforcement, and notified them about the driving to mow, and they said they would not pull me over if i was working. but it would be a different story if i was just cruising up and down main street. the point im trying to make is that things are different in different places. your seat belt law might be a primary offence and mine might be a secondary offence. also, if you dont agree then let them know but do it in a senseful way.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
also dont bash kcfireman99 for not wanting to make mowing his full time job. it might be yours and my passion but his is firefighting. you guys are so mad about the insurance thing you just look for a fault in him (not going to mow full time) knock it off

If its not what he wants to do then for his actual job and not just be a scrub, then that is totally fine if you do it the correct way. I had ONLY 20 something accounts and my parents would hassle me everyday a few years ago to go pay the measly couple hundred bucks to be legit. DO YOU HAVE A BRAIN? LIKE 5 PEOPLE HAVE TOLD YOU THAT INSURANCE IS NOT FOR YOUR PHYSICAL HEALTH. ITS SO IF YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR MOWING RIG AROUND AND YOU CAUSE AN ACCIDENT. DO YOU KNOW THAT YOUR INSURANCE WILL REFUSE TO PAY ANYTHING IF THEY FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE PULLING A BUSINESS TRAILER WHEN YOU DO GET IN A WRECK (AND THEY WILL WILL WILL WILL PUT THAT ON THE ACCIDENT REPORT). Stop being a scrub that relies on this industry to get you by. Some of us have truck payments, mower payments, insurance payments, buying my gf a nice ring or two, and then all of the sudden its ok for you to do it halfass just because you work at the firehouse for a few hours. Complete BS and half the members on here probably havent seen this thread bc most dont take lightly to people without something as simple as liablity insurance, especially those that SAY they have 44 accounts.

also dont bash kcfireman99 for not wanting to make mowing his full time job. it might be yours and my passion but his is firefighting. you guys are so mad about the insurance thing you just look for a fault in him (not going to mow full time) knock it off
He is doing 44 accounts without liability insurance. Thats fulltime. Also his future aspirations have nothing to do with what he is doing now. The person he injures isnt going to care if he wants to be a fulltime fire fighter in the future. Come on guys! It could be my daughter, wife, etc that you hurt. Why should i have to be the one to pay the bills? I would go after you, future wife, unborn child etc. You would never have anything because you didnt want to spend the $50 a month for liability. Its sad. It also tells me your not collecting sales tax or paying income tax.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.