1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

New truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by AL Inc, Nov 23, 2006.

1. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought this truck this week, time to step up to a medium duty truck. I am setting it up for my landscape install/detail crew. It is a 2001 Freightliner FL60, automatic, Cat 3126, 26K GVW, 152K miles. The box is already off, I'm having a custom dump body built with underside tool boxes on both sdes, as well as a rack to hold the compactor. The cab shield will have a rack to hold long tools and 3 wheelbarrows. Truck probably won't be ready until Jan/Feb, so we'll have it for the spring. Looking forward to it.

freightliner 002 (2).jpg

2. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Cool truck, Good luck with the new purchase, hope it pays off big.

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

what body are you going with? familar with etwman? hoping to get my truck tomorrow:weightlifter:

4. AL Inc

tthomas..you are going with the FL70? I thought I read that in another thread.
    Yes, ETW's thread is very inspiring..the trucks and the way of doing business in general. I considered the switch and go system, and it is a good idea, I just can't justify the need right now. My hardscape projects are not nearly what he is doing. This truck I'm going with a 14" landscape dump body wiith 4' sides and a 48" side door. The tailgate will have the asphalt chute for gravel, etc. I figure with the underside tool boxes, I should have most of the tools the guys need on the truck at all times.
    Who knows, eventually my maintenance guys will get this truck, and I will go with the FL70 with hook lift for the landscape crew.
    Good luck with your truck, I would be interested in seeing the pics. I'll try to get some of mine in progress.

5. tthomass

from N. VA

i'm go'n this afternoon for the test drive.......'02 Intl 4300.........they cost more but have a longer/better track record...........6spd too

6. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

How much did you pay for that? If you don't mind me asking.

7. tthomass

from N. VA

mow_king.............i just made a post, check it out for info

All_Inc........keep us posted, nice to see some big trucks coming together

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

it seems like its gonna turn out nice whys it going to take so long to get finished

9. AL Inc

Tthomas..good luck with your truck, I'll try to keep the pics coming. Mow King, right aroun 18K as is. DBL, my friend is a welder/fabricator, he is doing all of the work, so he is using my truck as "fill in" work. I know it'll be done before that, they are building the body already, but I am being conservative.

10. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

thats a nice truck ya got there i wouldnt mind finding something like that in the future