1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnBoy89, Apr 13, 2007.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I think at this point it would be in my best interest to buy a new truck, I just want to see what some of you guys think. I like Ford's, I actually have 2 which I want to get rid of for a new one. I have a 97 F-150 extended cab 4x4, it's got everything except leather and I have a 96 F-250 reg cab which is a pretty sharp truck it's lifted with a bunch of other stuff but it's hard to make money with the amount of gas this vehicle consumes. Basically I want to sell both these trucks and get an extended cab diesel hopefully with a warrenty.

I know the prices vary throughout the country but do you think I could get a good reliable truck extended cab 4x4 with some options for under $30k? I would also prefer this truck to be diesel and preferably Ford but I don't mind the Chevy/GMC's. I don't want to get brand new I was thinking certified pre-owned, my friend just got rid of his 05 F-350 with the 6.0L PSD and he had it in the shop atleast once a month. It was all under warrenty but I don't want to spend this money and have to shell out more for repairs.

Just wanted to see what you guys think..thanks alot.

2. DaveArk

DaveArk LawnSite Member

3. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

shop around i just bought a fully loaded crew cab chevy 2500hd diesel with 58K for 21,800