1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

New truck!!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mowerbrad, Aug 23, 2010.

1. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Vortec Max is tuned differently, and it also has a different trans and rear axle. I have 4 2500hd's with 6.0L's two of them are the old body style which only get about 9-10 mpg and two of them are the new body style and they are getting 16-17 mpg, but as soon as you hook up a trailer to the newer ones the mileage is about the same as the old ones. Also you may drive your truck diffrently.

2. Paul's LC

Paul's LC LawnSite Member

alright i love the truck and im gonna be the cowboy that brakes the ice... mind telling us what you paid?

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I know its not a diesel, I was really hoping to buy a diesel actually, but after talking with my mechanics, I just couldn't justify buying a duramax. Mainly because if something breaks on it, its a ton of money to get it fixed most of the time.

I did drive with a pretty "light foot" when I got the 17mpg's.

The price was well under blue book. It was $23995. It was GM certifed used, came with the remainder of the powertrain warranty (for another year and a half) and also came with the 12month-12,000 mile "bumper-to-bumper" warranty. I'm very happy with it. I love all the options on it too (PW, PL, PM, power folding mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror, rear window defroster, HD trailering package, integrated trailer brake controller, driver information center, 3 months of Onstar for free, 4x4, side steps, center console, steeriing wheel mounted controls, MP3 hook-up, dual power seats, dual climate control). The only thing I have left to do is put in it is the line-x spray in bedliner.

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice..i like it.

5. mowerbrad

Well, with a little more mixed driving today I was able to get 15.5mpg....I did not tow a trailer though, more city and highway driving unloaded. I'd say I got a good 50/50 mix of city and highway today, about 100 miles worth. Again, that is with a light foot.

I'm towing tomorrow and Thursday, so I will see what I get then for mileage.

So far loving the new truck!!!!!

6. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im a Ford guy but that is a sweet looking truck. Congrats and good luck with it.

7. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

I love the red color. I wanted a red truck, but ended up getting a white crew cab 2 years ago. Still, the red is the color. I also had the 6.0 in the last truck, great motor with no trouble. My truck now has the Duramax and I love it.

8. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

There fixed it for you.

9. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I fixed that for you! lol

10. mowerbrad

No plow is going on this truck. Some of my friends tell me to get the boss V-XT and a back blade, but there is just no way I'm going to do that. I bought this truck to last me the next 10 years, I don't want to start plowing with it and shorten its lifespan. Plus I have already spent way too much this year...new mower, new truck and new trailer.