1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by kemmer, Aug 17, 2004.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

Heres my new truck, 2001 chevy silverado 2500HD crew cab

dsc01428.jpg

2. kemmer

im gonna get some black nerf bars for it also, either door to door, or wheel to wheel. what ya think?

dsc01426.jpg

3. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new truck!!! Good looking truck

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking truck. How many miles is on it and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it. Does it have a 6.0 liter. I am curious because I am looking at a 2000 GMC 2500 4X4 standard cab 6.0.

5. kemmer

LLandscaping the truck has 23533 miles on it and a 6.0 L V8.
    you can see everything here

6. greenedge

greenedge LawnSite Member

I like the new truck- however, how do you plan on keeping it nice. Maybe up north it is easier but down in Houston most lawn service trucks look really beat-up. I'm not trying to sound smart but I too have tried to keep my truck looking good but always things happen and it gets a beating. Maybe if you throw seat covers on it and use trailers-only to haul tools.
    I have seen someone using a new Navigator to cut yards-weird?

7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice have fun with her, that pickup is mine, eventually youll learn a work truck is a work truck, i already got a huge sratch on the back from workin with it, oh well things happen. I'm hopefully gonna be buying a nother truck soon. Get your license yet?

Jeff

Attached Files:

8. kemmer

Na not yet, i get it in january, it was a deal i couldnt pass up.

9. l1011100

l1011100 LawnSite Member

Very nice, I have a 02' same as yours with the duramax, last truck I will buy for a while.

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

how can a kid who doesn't even have his license yet afford a 2001 3/4 ton 4x4 crew cab that is loaded? This is my third year in biz and i'm doing twice as much work this year as last year. I don't buy a truck unless i can pay for it. The only debt i have is the mower and it's a sweet financing deal, I guess i rather put my money into something that will make it back. I can drive a $2000 truck like mine and get a $7500 (+$1600 bagger) mower like mine, or i can drive a $25,000 truck like yours and use a push mower! I prefer to ride, thanks!

Regardless, it looks like a VERY nice truck.. but i can't see myself working out of a purdy truck :) Good luck with it. If it's paid for, congrats. Feels good don't it?! If it's not paid for, I certainly don't envy you. Enjoy those payments!!! haha.....