New universal Breakthru Agitator for lesco 3 hole and Permagreen 3 hole hoppers

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Mr Efficiency, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Senior Member

I was just reading a review on the Z agitaor kit from last December.

IMG_20171013_093608.jpg
    https://www.rittenhouseusa.com/lesc...MIv-29pd3t1gIVEhuBCh0RSQBGEAkYBSABEgIfafD_BwE
    Someone didn't know how to replace the cam on a lesco push Spreader.

To remove and replace the cam on Lesco spreaders, loosen the 4 hopper bolts that hold the hopper to the frame untill you can lift hopper up some and spinner shaft will pop out of nylon holder and then the cam can be removed easily and spinner if wanting to after the Z agitator is removed from the cam shaft or if a Breakthru Agitaor has been installed recently

Hopefully this helps someone if wanting to replace the cam and nylon cam bearing on a Lesco push spreader or even the spinner.
    Rittenhouse sells the complete kit Wich is a good price, includes shipping also.
    IMG_20171013_093637.jpg
    https://www.google.com/search?q=les...&ved=0ahUKEwjKzrml3e3WAhWM6CYKHfbYAcAQgjYIygQ

2. fireball756

fireball756 LawnSite Senior Member

You know at ServiceMaster we had ghosts who traveled faster than any speedometer could ever record. The best of the class not only could have 50 acres done by noon, but actually return with more product than they left with.

hort101 likes this.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds to me like lifting the hopper up by 2 inches would make it easy to replace the spinner platter (impeller). Just drive out the roll-pin and slide the platter up and off the shaft; slide the new one in place. No need to remove the axle.

Mr Efficiency likes this.
  4. Mr Efficiency

Yup, I find it very easy to just loosen the hopper bolts , lift and pop out the shaft then can replace the cam if needing and the spinner/platter/Impeller. Most times you only need to loosen the rear nuts so they are still attached loose and possibly the front 2 also.
    Maybe I will make a quick vid on it with the new Lesco push Spreader showing it.

I have one older Lesco push Spreader if you push down on the axle and lift the hopper the shaft pops out without having to loosen the hopper bolts at all.

hort101 likes this.
  5. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

There needs to be a sleeve For the impeller to reduce wear. I have used the agitator all season,although it grinds up acorns very well the impeller cam is worn out after less then a season.

6. Mr Efficiency

Could you share a quick picture of the SS cam and how low the cam was bent down a little to make contact with the top of the Impeller off the cam.

Reason why I am asking is because I haven't had that issue.
    I still have one of the Lesco spinners that was installed to run on a Permagreen Triumph last May for testing. Lesco impeller has 330 hours on it and the plastic cam is still in good shape.
    The fins would of worn out before the cam if it we're not for what is also installed on the fins to protect them from scraping and wear out issues.

Thanks

7. Mr Efficiency

This should help.

In this install vid around 3:30 min mark I show how the SS cam I feel should be bent down some so it rides properly on top of the Impeller/spinner plastic cam. I personally feel lesco spreaders should have their impeller/ spinner up 1/8"-1/4" on the shaft or even have a little longer cam shaft.

In past before using the breakthru Agitators and using the Z Agitators in lesco push spreaders the SS cam would chew up top of impeller/spinner plastic cam on occasion if the SS cam ever got bent up a little or I ran coarse materials that lifted the Z agitaor up some if not pushing/bending the cam down a little. So the SS cam should be pushed/bent down a little so it will not eat the top of the plastic impeller/spinner plastic cam or ever jam up.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Can the breakthbru agiator be bought on line?

9. Mr Efficiency

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic