1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

new used skid steer New Holland LX665

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swim, Jan 31, 2010.

1. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

I went to the New Holland dealer today and picked up some new glow plugs, oil filter, and oil.
    Asked about the hydraulic oil and the parts guy said that New Holland uses the same motor oil in the hydraulics as in the motor and they have since 1995.
    I am sure they are correct, but seems weird to me.
    Can anyone with a New Holland skid steer verify if this is correct or not.
    thanks swim

2. MackCat

MackCat LawnSite Member

yes it is true, they use 10w30 as factory fill in the engine and hydraulics. I changed my engine oil to15w40 that was on my older LX865, I sold it and bought a new L180 and just changed the engine oil for the first time and i changed it to15w40 also.

3. igilmore

igilmore LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I just bought a 97 LX665 a couple days ago with 3000 hours and good tires for $5250. It came with a forklift attachment but no bucket. I'm changing all the fluids to be on the safe side since I don't know when it was last done but I don't know a good way to change the hyd fluid since there's no drain like there is for the motor. Is there a good way to do it? I don't have a manual at all so if anyone has one I'd love to get a computer copy sent to me if possible. I'll be glad to send you a payment for one via paypal. Thanks!

Ian

4. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

It is my understanding that the best way to change the hydro fluid is to suction it back out through the fill tube. You will not be able to change the fluid in the lines and pumps but it will get most of it out.

5. davidhoy.pt

davidhoy.pt LawnSite Member

It is posted in the operator's manual, there is a fitting that you disconnect in the belly pan and it will drain out through one of the floor covers that removes.

6. Lorin

Lorin LawnSite Member

I also have a new holland lx665 it's a 1997 has low hours on it and it also has hand controls for the boom and bucket with one foot pedal for the auxiliary hydraulics now my question is I'm buying a bradco new holland backhoe 609 model how do I hook up the hydraulics to feed the backhoe