New Walker blower jammed up

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Babyhauler, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Babyhauler

Babyhauler LawnSite Member

Just took new 10.5" blower out of the box and it will not rotate. Nice and clean, but won't work. Am I missing something?

Case is mashed down hard against impeller and will not let it turn. Backside of impeller is about 1/8 inch from case, so I think impeller is pressed on correctly.

I can't believe assembly person did not give it a spin when done. Stupid Walker mower.

2. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Any pics of the impeller? You try to turn with bar or hands? Move it back and forth? Breakdown with an impact and torque to spec Possibly??

3. Babyhauler

Went out and looked at unit on mower. The intake chute is a 32nd inside case against impeller on new one. Removed chute, no go. Removable casing cover is hard against impeller. Sharp impeller edges are dug into paint and can't move either way with plenty of pressure.

I am not going to take it apart any further since it is a new unit. I guess I need to call Proparts Direct and let them know about it, then call Walker and find out how stupid they are to ship a blower that will not turn. Especially when it is so obvious. Dumbasses. Great American quality!
    Not sure how I will get this big job done this week waiting to ship blower back, inspect it and ship me one back. I hate Walker mowers.

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Stuff happens. Need back ups when it does.

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Could have been damaged in shipping

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Why not take 5 minutes and figure out what is wrong:hammerhead:

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Fanatic

I have gotten blowers that got damaged in shipping.

hort101 likes this.
  8. Babyhauler

This pissed me off and it happened because someone did NOT give a crap about what they were doing. I cost myself time everyday because I go back to hit a piece of grass sticking up that most people leave or blow a drive off again if the wind kicked back against me.
    No damage to shipping box. Blower was packaged and padded very well. Even had 2 in thick boxes inside main box on top and bottom to pad brackets.

It is a new $450.00 blower. I should not have to take one second to figure it out. I did take 5 minutes to inspect it to try to figure it out. I do not have Walkers blower specs to see if impeller is mounted properly on shaft or if angles of impeller are correct. I paid them to do it.
    Like I said, intake chute is slightly inside case against impeller. Outer removable case is HARD against impeller with impeller cutting into paint. Not sliding around and scratching it. Knuckle busting pressure would not rotate it. It's new, I am not taking it apart to make it work.
    I'll see what they say when I call tomorrow.

9. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

If the fins are digging in the paint there's a defect. Get in touch with walker and they'll make it right. They have pretty tight clearance, but not that tight.

10. tlc23

tlc23 LawnSite Member

I ordered one about 3 weeks ago and had the same exact problem! No damage to the box, definitely not from shipping. What a pain! I had to ship it back and wait until they received it for them to send another one.