• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

New Walker, Engine? Options?

bigdaddyspags

LawnSite Member
I'm thinking about getting a new Walker to replace my 16hp model. Just looking for some opinions. What engine do you guys like, gas or diesel? What options do you love or can't live without? Any favorite implements?

green acres lawns

LawnSite Senior Member
My 20hp mt with 48"ghs has done very well for me. My next one will be 25hp with 48"ghs and 9.5b catcher plus a 52" sdd with mulch kit, light kit, speed-up kit, and comfort seat.

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by bigdaddyspags
I'm thinking about getting a new Walker to replace my 16hp model. Just looking for some opinions. What engine do you guys like, gas or diesel? What options do you love or can't live without? Any favorite implements?
Fuel injection or diesel is all i would look at.
John

walker-talker

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have the 26hp EFI and love it! Use the 48"GHS in the spring and fall for collecting (scalping, leaf removals & dethatching). Then I put on the 52" SD deck for the summer. Man, that deck is a beast.

LB Landscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
Love my 20hp with the 48 inch deck, perfect for the properties around here. I was at Yerxas today they had a couple, I'd go demo a few. If you're interested in getting a used unit there is a guy around here that sells quite a few, PM me if you want his info.

Ax Man

LawnSite Senior Member
Mine has the 25, and I don't think you'd want anything smaller to run a 48 ghs or 52 sd. Speed up and suspension are must haves.
I don't mow in the dark, so no lites.