Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, got a brand new 2022 WALKER lawn mower MTSD 56” 23 hp carb Kohler with 100 hours on it. So far it’s turned out to be the worst mower I’ve ever bought in 40 years. I’m just wondering if anybody else is having problems with brand new walker lawnmowers? Quality Control might be an issue or even untested changes. I’ve got at least 10 problems with this $17,700 lawnmower. An Outrageous price. I have had several problems with the Kohler engine also including head gasket. The mower actually came with a deck that cut nearly a half inch shorter on one side than the other. I’m currently waiting for a warranty carriage frame. I’ve got dip sticks rattling out, air cleaners rubbing on the seat, oil pump shaft leaking on transmission tops system, missing bolts, and many other small problems. I’ve run walkers for 30 years and I’m stunned at the low quality… Anyone else having problems with their brand-new walker mower

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am not having problems with Walker, but with Scag. We have 6 machines with less than 100 hours waiting on repairs including electrical issues, bent caster forks and handles on the walk behinds, parking brake and speed adjustment assemblies falling apart, and a broken spring for the drive pulleys. Had two 61 inch. SWZs break down within an hour of each other on the same property. Probably going to get rid of them for Toros, wrights or John Deere.

I wish I could say it is an industry wide problem but we also got new Exmarks this year too and no problems at all. They have been great.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Following

We opted not to buy a new Walker this year, but instead bought a brand new Kubota B23S. Sounds like we may have made a good decision. I too was a little sticker shocked at the price increase this year. I’m interested to see if others are having quality issues as well. Unless you have a horrible dealer, I’m confident Walker will make it right for you. What state do you live in?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts