Lawn Care Forum banner

New Walker Special Edition?

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  tallimeca 
#1 ·
My dealer told me that Walker is coming out with a Special or Anniversary Edition mower. It comes standard with the suspension seat, light kit, and chrome wheels, steering levers and forward control lever. It is a $1000 option. Anyone else hear anything about this? I bet it looks sharp. I'm not saying that I'm running out and buying one, but I think it would be neat to have some "bling" on your mower.

#2 ·
haven't heard anything about it.. however '08 will mark the 100,000 walker unit ever produced.

they are having a get together in aug. of 2008 at the plant to commemorate it. lots of stuff there that weekend.

#3 ·
... a Special or Anniversary Edition mower. It comes standard with the suspension seat, light kit, and chrome wheels, steering levers and forward control lever. ... I bet it looks sharp. I'm not saying that I'm running out and buying one, but I think it would be neat to have some "bling" on your mower.
I'm sure that's just what the Walker people want to hear ... that their special edition model is considered to be "bling" !!

#4 ·
The history behind the Walker Mfg. Co. is fascinating and quite impressive. I think its nice how they have a special event after a curtain number of Walker mowers have been produced and keep that model in their museum. The manufacturing facility is amazing and very efficient. I have never been to the plant in CO. but i've seen video footage on the history and production of their products.

#5 ·
I have also heard about the special Walker that is coming out to celebrate their 100,000 unit produced. It sounds cool, but I would never buy one. After a season of using it, apperance wise it would look just like everything else that is used hard. My dealer told me BTW, that it will be around 12,500. Expensive I think

#8 ·
It is a dressed up version of the MT28 with chrome appointments including wheels, levers, valve covers, air intake, catcher lift handles, etc. Yellow pearl paint. Suspension seat standard. 28 HP Kohler EFI. Production to begin around the time of the 2008 Family Reunion. Number of units produced will be based on distributor orders placed by Dec 1, 2007.

#16 ·
are then gonna put 24" tires on it too???

Are you kidding me? This is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard. Chrome accessories on a lawn mower? And 1k bucks more for it? Are these people alright? You want chrome accessories..........4 dollar can of spray paint will do.

Get real:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.