1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The landscaper, Oct 22, 2005.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody have the new walker that dumps at about 5 or 6 feet so you can dump in the bed of the truck. I though that was a pretty sweet idea.

2. Future LCO

Future LCO LawnSite Member

Its not really new. Its been around for a few years. and its just an attachment made for them. I think maybe WAlker makes them, maybe another company. I've seen one of em and it worked pretty good. When the catcher is in the down position it sits about 6 -8 inches higher then stock so you have to be careful of low branches and it'll make the walkers even harder to maneuver on the side of a hill. but hey, if you mow nothing but wide open flat land with no trees itd be great.

3. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, ok. I just saw it for the first time yesterday. I thought it was a good idea. I know some people love the walkers but had trouble with finding a way to dump them.

4. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

Walker makes one now. The catcher is only 3 inches higher than stock and it uses 2 hydraulic cylinders. One for lift and one for dump so it can be dumped in any position.

All-Seasons makes the other style.

http://www.walkermowers.com/index.htm1?section=new

5. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

If it's a wide open area, I hope he's not using a Walker.

6. northeastpropertymgmt

northeastpropertymgmt LawnSite Member

i was just going to say if ur in a wide open area why are u using a walker. i dont really even see the point of a walker this will proble start some contervesy but i also have never tryed one so. with the speed that is so much slower than regular zrtand with a regullar zrt u can still bag with an atacment and u get more productivity fron a zrt wouldent it make more sence to get a zrt