1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Website Is Up

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Check out the new website for Greenscape Landscaping

http://www.prideinproperties.com

Its not totally finished but you can get a feel for it. Some of the pictures need to be changed, some of the small ones are just in there to fill in till I can get our own off another server.

2. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

looks very professional.. Nice job and keep up the good work.

3. Team Lawn Care

Team Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Looks very good. Very clean and easy to navigate.

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Your website looks great and very colorful. The only thing I would do differently is make the words in your services provided page a little larger. Overall looks great and I hope you have a successful 2005.

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

It looks great, very professional. Two thumbs up! Green thumbs that is...

6. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

it looks good. did you do all those with the 737? the stripes look good on some of them. Do yo have a kiton it. I had to make a kit for mine cause it just didnt stripe the way i wanted. My next ZTR wont be a JD.

7. Canadian GreenScape

Thanks for the feedback LLandscaping, Im going to do just that, (bigger print) As for the stipes, theyre from last season so they were done with either a HD45 with a proslide or a Deere 4100 with a chain striping kit I made. The 737 is this years new addition.. Snow please go away...

8. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Very nice! site Good Luck to you! :drinkup:

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

looks good, but you made several errors in the image-rendering department, which is a common one:

- if you take your original logo file and convert it to a .gif, it will be smaller and better looking than the .jpg version you are using.
    - your thumbnail photos should not be larger files that you force down using html. ie, this image you use is forced down to something smaller and is a dial-up bandwidth chewer: http://www.prideinproperties.com/nc lawn.jpg that pic is 34k and 301x175, but you force it to 196x117 through the code. if you used a graphics editor to do this, you can maintain quality and get it to about a 1/4 to 1/3 the file size. not a huge deal in itself, but when you have several pics on a page, it's problematic. looks like the same goes for all of your pics. this is especially true with your 70+k small logo on the rest of the pages. it looks cruddy because of the aforementioned non-gif format as well as the forced resizing through html code.

-same goes for the ill-adviced image usage in place of html text for the contact page. if you want to use an image, use a proper .gif. .jpg is not to be used for flat color images. it's intended use is as a photographic file. this is probably the most common error i see from diy guys on this site. correct this, and the picture images and you're golden. basically, re-do all of your image files... :)

tony

10. Canadian GreenScape

Thanks Tony. There was alot of trial-and-error going on making this site. Your tips will help alot, I noticed the crummy look of some of the pics I shrunk down. My bandwidth is getting eaten up pretty fast to so ill make those changes Monday :p

Thanks again.