New website, please take a look?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Mr Stripe, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Mr Stripe

Mr Stripe LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Seymour Missouri

Ok for Starters, I'm no tech person at all, I one finger type it's ridiculous. PC is fried so I literally in a rush built this on my Note phone.
    1.. Its currently a Personal Theme, I need the business theme but I didn't want to pay for a theme in fear I wouldn't be able to even build the site, this is a first so things may be outa order, I'm having trouble with the Gravatar, it's supposed to open up a Profile but it doesn't seem to do anything.
    2. Since its a personal theme, I can't download a Plug-in and widgets are limited. I will be going with a business plan & then I can have a call Button.
    3. Testimonials... I'm only seeing one little tiny place at the bottom of the Home page where someone hits to leave a comment. It's so tiny that it go's unnoticed. Need help there.
    4. SEO.... there's paid options & Do it yourself options?
    5. Right now it's .net, iv now bought the .com domain as well but I kinda like the zing to www.graphiclawns.net Does that make much difference? It's important right now because I also have Flyers & Doorhangers in limbo waiting for a website address. Oh and 6.. Iv read many places the battle between "I" and "we".... I am solo, but I did do alot of "we".. so hell, I don't know anything about websites. But I can certainly change all the "we" to "I" or to Graphic Lawns.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    larryinalabama likes this.
  2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

Use "we" plan for the future.

Mr Stripe likes this.
  3. Steve5389

Steve5389 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NE FL

couple typo's that I spotted,
    Home page: Under the precious moment figure, "it’s a very treasured gift from a dear to me customer"

on the "more!" page, last line "
    17- Mental note,,Put call button here for sure. - guessing you mean thats for you and you need to put the call now button for smart phone?

Mr Stripe likes this.
  4. starry night

starry night LawnSite Gold Member

Please take this as constructive criticism. Just two quick thoughts: 1) You have one large photo of your stander. It's condition looks like you mow in bogs. 2) Waaay too many photos of stripes. Seen one stripe; seen 'em all. A couple of lawns and web visitors would get the idea...you do neat mowing.

Mr Stripe likes this.
  5. Mr Stripe

Hahahaha yes exactly!

Steve5389 likes this.
  6. Mr Stripe

Yes later on I noticed the dried mud on the tire. Trust me, that was from my own place, mowing my own is awful. I'm out in the sticks. Actually what I wanna do,.. is thoroughly clean everything. And get a good truck, trailer, and a couple mowers on there pic. Thanks

hort101 likes this.
  7. Mr Stripe

Oh yeah definitely some of my 3 am kinda sentence structure.

8. Mr Stripe

Ran the proof read on that & it shows no errors but something does look funny about it. Screenshot_2018-01-18-08-13-49.png

9. starry night

starry night LawnSite Gold Member

Should be either "a customer who is dear to me" or "a dear-to-me customer." (with hyphens)

Mark Stark and Mr Stripe like this.
  10. Mr Stripe

Thanks man, sounds good!