1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

new work truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by chefdrp, Aug 29, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

well i got a new work truck today. A village in my area wa having an auction. Got a 1995 long bed 5.8 V8 57300 miles. no rust. with tool box. dual gas tanks. 1650 bucks. will have pics later on sun. all i have to do to it is get a reese hitch. Oh and its not 4x4. My dad has a 4x4 1500 if i need four wheel drive. plus i still have the trailblazer.

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

its a F-150.............

3. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to stop spending $30,000+ on trucks and just start buying auction trucks..

Nice deal!!:cool:

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I always go with the "slightly used" variety of vehicle. Any car or truck loses it value at the fasted rate during the first couple years of its existence. So I always look for the 2-3 year old kind. Still get a warranty, and basically a pretty new ride (unless its got a ton of miles).

Congrats on the new truck. I always liked the dual gas tanks.

5. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Screamin' deal - better truck than my stripped '96 F250 XL & far cheaper than the money I just spent on a '04 F350 dually

6. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

sounds like a bargain,In the midwest that truck would sell easy (still being fleet vehicle) for $4500-6000 .