New Wright stander

TTM42

LawnSite Member
Just got a new Wright stander and was wondering from people who have had them awhile how do these mowers perform when there is dew on the ground or on damp grass? I haven't found one that doesn't clump at least a little bit and I was just wondering how this mower did in wet grass. Thanks in advance for replies.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Mine were 01's a 52" and 61". Both clumped about the same as my exmarks past and present. The wright rep said the new one past 05 I believe are suppose to be better. I told him, I sure hope they improve one way or another since mower prices increase every year, model change or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

P&N LL

LawnSite Member
I have all wright mowers and even with the scag I have used clumping is 90% sharp blades and a clean deck.

zmowingmaster

LawnSite Member
Almost all mowers clump in wet grass.Wright tends to be on the higher side though.Sharp blades and clean deck can reduce clumping alot.

pugs

LawnSite Gold Member
The new deck is supposed to be better, but I really dont know. I have only sold a few of the new style decks since the fixed decks just got them in the middle of last year or something. And honestly I dont get many complaints on the old deck from my customers...this area is heavy on the Wright.