• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

new young guy in town

meathead1134

LawnSite Senior Member
:D
Good afternoon all!! I happy to say that I have finally started my own business me being 24. Been wanting to start it since junior year in high school when I had a small business class. Hopefully I can do well enough so I can get out of the corporate world and be my own boss. Here are the things I have so far. I'm trying to keep my over head extremely low. I don't want to be in debt.

1. An old snowmobile trailer thats all steel. So my best friend and I can weld and customize it to my needs.

2. draw-tite hitch for my Hyundai (yeah I know it will look funny)
3. rakes and shovels edger
4. wheel barrow
5. several push mowers
6. a craftsman tractor (in the works)
7. most important of all several customers

I will be doing spring clean ups, mulching and mowing

Glad to be here,this is a great site
Ken

Avery

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sounds like a troll at work here. But if you are for real you will be looking for some commercial grade equipment and a decent tow vehicle soon. That or you will be out of business.

firedog2710

LawnSite Member
give the poor guy a break. he's just starting out. some people are not as lucky as we are.:drinkup:

firedog2710

LawnSite Member
what i meant by that last post is, some people are not as lucky as we are and can start out with brand new or slightly used equipment.:drinkup:

Team Gopher

LawnSite Platinum Member
Hi Ken,

Sam Walton once had a tiny little 5 and dime store. Thanks to Sam for never giving up. His company made $256.3 billion last year.

codywyomingus

LawnSite Member
I started 9 years ago,with a 89 mercury topaz car, which I placed my 22 inch crapsman pushmower in the trunk!! Now I've got a 2001 dodge ram 1500 & a 16ft trailer & a 36 & 48 walk behind, etc. Put your mind to succeeding & you will!! Do the best job you can & the rest will come!!

CBus

LawnSite Member
Hey, what's happenin'? I'm just startin' out in the biz, too. A word of advice: unless you're starting out with a Toro Z590 and a 2004 Ford F-750, some people here will think you're a scrub, will do shoddy work, and are trying to gather "trade secrets".