New Zero Turn Sprayer Company

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Atlantic Lawn, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Everyone who visits this site is an Entrepreneur of sorts, many of us started by working for someone else and at some point decided to go out on our own. We saw a need and tried to fulfill it, we didn't try to get rich quick, we just always hope our hard work will pay off. Well we all know that LT Rich made a real good product, it was supported by a hard working team, whether it was production, development, or parts and service my experiences with them was always positive. Along comes Toro/Exmark completes a buyout and things begin to change. Gone are the days of instant customer support. Then they consolidate and reduce staff and make some major changes in production and leave quite a few hard working and talented individuals wondering what the heck they were gonna do for a living and how would they feed their families. None of the guys are youngsters by any means and none were over the hill and ready to retire, so they get together and take a chance just like most of us here, they found a need and are trying to fill it while staying in their hometown. In a day when jobs are being sent overseas these folks are building here in the good ole USA. Well guys make us a solid machine that we can depend on, gives us customer support that's a step above everyone else's and price the machine so we get good value for our dollar. Perhaps parts that will interchange with our current Z-Sprays. I think that manufacture direct to consumer worked well for LT Rich from my point of view for years. Most of us here wish you nothing but the best in your new venture. Good Luck. Steve

https://steelgreenmanufacturing.com/

gbobcatr, Reliable 1, hort101 and 5 others like this.
  2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

This has been posted already go down to verrrry interesting

3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Fanatic

True Charles...but that's OK
    The word needs to get out about these guys. Not sure about the other Z-spray owners that post here but I got the feeling after the Toro buyout that it wouldn't be long and I would go from being treated like a 1st class customer every time I called and needed something to the "red headed step child" that nobody wanted to help.
    If these guys at SteelGreen run things the way things were run at LT Rich (and I'm sure they will), these other companies are going to have to step up their game or lose market share.

4. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

I wish them the best but I see the future and wish I had the finances and ability to develop the next generation of turf equipment. The vision I have is truly revolutionary. I will be looking for venture capitalists in the days to come. What we do on a daily basis requires a lot of work and smarts. It would be nice if we had the kind of machines to help us get more done with less effort.

hort101 likes this.
  5. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

I hardly break a sweat in 98 degree 95% humidity weather spreading 23 yards a day. I get tons more done today than 5 yrs ago pushing a spreader. We actually had that conversation yesterday. I wish you nothing but the best in your venture.

CHARLES CUE likes this.
  6. CHARLES CUE

yes this is true i have a lawn solution slit seeder and getting parts was a hasel but you can look on line and get them that way. i guess it would be nice if its not the same may be different. see what they come up with

7. CHARLES CUE

Yea i avoid jobs that require dragging a hose unless they pay real good

ETM likes this.
  8. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

My battle tank is pretty laid out so I get a lot done without breaking to much of a sweat but I just see so much more.

ETM likes this.