Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Kubota ZD326 for home use. Looks like alot of "bang for the buck" and it would last me a VERY long time. I wondered what the guy's using them now think....pros/cons??

Any current deals on these? I did see 0% financing for 36 mos.

Any other mowers that I should consider? cost? pros/cons?

Also, what do the dealers usually do price wise, this time of year? Is there a "best time" to purchase?? I am really not in a hurry, just want to make the most of my money at the time of purchase.
THANKS for the help!

· Registered
14 Posts
Hey John, I have the older ZD28s, and they do a terrffic job, This is my 3rd and 4th as far as the kubota z mowers. I have had these for 2 years, my older ones I traded on these, I cant remember the hrs. but the dealer gave me $7500 ea. on trade for the new ones after running them 5 years. I have never had a minutes trouble, and you will especially like the diesel, the built in jack to changed the blades, and the hydraulic deck lift. Just keep the oil changed and keep em greased, u cant wear em out. I did have the opportunity to get the zd331s but opted not to, cause they were new and wanted them to get any kinks worked out, but according to everyone I have talked to they are even better than the old machine, nicer seat, better screen for the radiator etc. My opionon you cant beat em, they are a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for, I also have an M8200, M9540, RTV, and still have one of the older front runners, a F2400, which I have had for 12 years, I just use it to pull my leaf vaccum. I dont think you can go wrong, if you need anymore info give me a shout, [email protected]

· Registered
2,558 Posts
Hey, I would recommend buying when you are ready due to the fact of all the price increases happening for next season. Most companies are going up 7 to 10% on their equipment, so the best time to buy in this situation is now. I like the Bota's, but haven't had alot of seat time on one. I have alot of guys that use Kubotas and Gravelys amazed at the Bad Boy diesel, and are trading in. Might be worth a demo if you have a dealer in your area. The 4 wheel rubber shock system and the Caterpillar diesel make it a good competitor. 28hp 3 cylinder Cat $11295, and the 35hp 4 cylinder Cat is $12195. We have a 35hp demo, and it is quieter, faster, has waaay more power, the 1/4 deck is alot heavier, with the easy ride system its more comfortable riding than the Bota's. I get alot of slack for liking the BB's so much, but you can't ignore the price points and build quality of these machines. www.badboymowers.com

· Registered
30 Posts
I have a ZD-326 and do not mow commercially. I have a rather large yard and I mow my elderly moms yard and her neighbor lady's yard. (also elderly) I also mow my neighbors yard. He lives out of state and it just easier for me to take care of it this way. None of this for money!!! I only have about 100 hrs. on my mower and no problems yet. Don't have a lot of experience with z-turn machines so I cannot compare. The two reasons I have a Kubota as I did look at several brands. I had a Kubota diesel tractor (style) mower and the Kubota dealer gave me LOTS more in trade that the other mower dealers. I also wanted another diesel, can't beat'em, in my opinion. I have a 60" deck and I actually wanted a 52". Glad I have the 60 in those big yards.

· Registered
34 Posts
I just got my new Kubota ZD331-60 a few weeks ago and love it. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything better.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On December 31, 2008 I bought a ZD326P for $9900.00. I thought it was a deal and I researched alot prior so I knew what I wanted.

Anyone using this machine??

I wondered if there were "theories" on the best Kubota diesel engine break in? I have heard some guys say let it come up to temperature and run full throttle from new. Also, I am a preventive maintenance freak, at how many hours would you suggest a first oil change?

· Registered
5,710 Posts
... Also, I am a preventive maintenance freak, at how many hours would you suggest a first oil change ?
I know that for regular gas engines you should do the first oil change at 10 hours if it's a full pressure machine; 5 hours if it's not full pressure ... I'm not sure what the standard is for diesel engines !!

· Registered
4,751 Posts
Do a search for Kubota ZD331, it's essentially the same machine, except with the 5 extra horsepower.

I've got a ZD331 / 72" and a ZD331 / 60". I've got about 600 hours on the 72, 300 on the 60.

From the get go I just go. I don't sit around, wait for break-in, warm up.

Mow and go, that's what they're built for.

I change my oil about every 300-400 hours, or seasonal, whichever fits.

I know guys will blast me for this, go ahead. I've had an engine blow last year, and one about 12 years ago, both when employees or others changed the oil, went and did something else before they put oil in, and someone else drove off with the mower.

I run full synthetic Amsoil in the mowers, after the first oil change at 50 hours.

I run the oil in my trucks 12-15,000 mile intervals as well.

Anyways, search the ZD331 and you'll find a review I did at 150 hours I believe it was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.