Newbie Equipment

NorTex

LawnSite Member
Just wanna say hey to everyone on the forums. Amazed at all the info there is on here. Def one of the best I have found. Heres a picture of the equipment I am starting with. I have done powerwashing for a few years now and have decided to get into the lawn care side. I look forward to reading more info on here and maybe I can give some decent info on something.

IMAG0293.jpg

Last edited:
OP
N

NorTex

LawnSite Member
Alright there we go. Hopefully its a little easier to figure out next time haha. The rig is dirty because the few drops of rain we got a couple days ago. She cleans up well though.

OP
N

NorTex

LawnSite Member
I have another 21" plan to use for a back up til I i can justify buying another commercial 21''
Hopefully buying this toro new will keep e in the clear for a little while anyways. But to answer your question yes it is my only mower to speak of. I cant justify going and buying anything bigger with the size yards I have right now. I am only servicing 4 yards right now but hope to grow that number by spring. The big truck is my powerwashing truck its a 2001 Chevy 6500 with a Cat 3126 I built the bed myself. It is loaded with a 300 gal fresh water tank, 275 gal reclame tank under the black cover and a 4.5 gal. 5000 p.s.i. Pressure washer. The vacuum tank is driven with a jurop vacuum pump and 24 hp. Honda. I built this rig to do basically anything we wanted to do. I do anything from parking lots washing and striping to houses and our main account is a fleet of trucks we do on weekends. I also own a 2003 dodge 3500 that I will be pulling the trailer with when I dont need the washer. I bought the trailer a couple months ago and got a really good deal on it and im doing a little tlc to get it like i want it. The reason i decided to go into lawn care is because I seen there can be a potential for money and to be able to maybe expand both the washer business and the lawn maintenance at the same time. I look forward to reading all the great info on here and if I can answer any question on info that i may have I will def. Be more than willing.

Last edited:
OP
N

NorTex

LawnSite Member
Yea I've been trying to convince my wife of that for years now. Lol the truck is a little bigger than i planned to go but I got a good deal on it and it will last for years to come.

Durabird02

LawnSite Member
Wow. Not an ideal mowing truck. If you are only push mowing you could get an S-10 and put the push mower in the back and save 75% on fuel costs.