Lawn Care Forum banner

Newbie mistake

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  qualitylandscaping 
#1 ·
This is a little embarassing to admit but I was very new to the business when this happened-Lady needed me to repair her yard where the plumber had replaced her drain line-Wasn't sure of the type of grass-Cut out appr 1sq ft of it and immediately took it to the cheap sod supplier-He said it was Centipede-Got it to the site and called him to advise it really didn't look like the rest of the grass-He said that was because it was from a different area and it would blend in just fine-Then I put dn a full pallet of centipede in the middle of a St. Aug yard-Well, I watched it like a hawk and soon was convinced I'd really screwed up, Took a sample of both to a reputable sod supplier (SuperSod) and they set me straight-Then I went by original supplier and showed hiom both pieces and he apologized and advised the guy I originally talked with was still in training and they gave me another 1 1/2 pallets for free. I've since made a few intelligent decisions but I won't ever forget that lesson and that has been one very loyal customer despite this debacle. I won't ever go the original sod supplier again because he doesn't take his job too seriously nor does he have enough respect for me to just admit he doesn't know. I just thought I'd post this to help you guy's realize that mistakes are going to happen (hopefully not as bad as this one)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.