1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

newbie with the same old question

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by keystonejohn, Apr 11, 2006.

1. keystonejohn

keystonejohn LawnSite Member

like many of you, i found this forum as a result of a search for a new lawn mower. glad to be here. i have decided on a zero turn and have looked at a number of them, including dixon, lawnboy,gravely, ariens and hustler. i think i have narrowed it down to two, they are the ariens model 17/40, for $3199.00 and the other is the hustler mini fastrack 17/42, for $3490.00. both have the kohler 17 hp courage engines. any imput would be helpful, thanks.

2. blaze347

blaze347 LawnSite Member

I have a Hustler and LOVE it!! I'm sure the other is a good mower, but I am very happy with my Hustler.
    Get a suspension seat, it is worth the cost.

3. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

do a search for my name on this site. i have a mft 17/42 and love it. for the $ there is nothing better. IMO. that seems like a good price. i bought mine last june and paid $3100 out-the-door. i know there has been an increase in price.

4. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

Okay: If I have my facts straight, the 1740 is last years model. I have a local dealer that offered the same modes to me for... 2400.00 I think. I though about it real hard and was looking at it on the second or third visit and realized the font end of it was "bolted" together. IE:The one I was looking at was not a solid welded fame like just about all the other ztrs' out there.

I wound up spending a bit more for the Hustler 16/42 thinking it would probably be the last mower I'll ever need to buy. I found it for just under 3900.00, so good luck to you!

I have two cuts in this season so far and I'm loving it!:clapping: