Newly sealed driveway

Doug Dinger

LawnSite Member
Just had my driveway sealed. I noticed jack stand marks in my driveway from jacking up a heavy vehicle. Anyway, the Mark's are still there after having it sealed.

I uploaded a picture. Just wondering if I should contact the company that did the job or if you think it'll be ok? I just don't want these blemishes getting worse over time.

20190828_183357.jpg

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member
It's not really their fault unless they were the ones that put the jackstands in the driveway. You need to let that stuff dry for a while before putting anything abrasive on it. Go get yourself a gallon can of sealer and touch up the spots and give it a couple weeks to dry.

OP
D

Doug Dinger

LawnSite Member
Nothing was on the driveway since it's been sealed. Just had it done. Those jack stand marks are from before.

joeE

LawnSite Senior Member
Do not try to fill those holes with sealer. Hot rubber will fill them quickly. Or a crack filler may b used at 1/4 inch at a time, any thicker n it will fail. That could take a few days. Both will leave a texture difference or blemish, unlike the holes u refer to as blemishes. Using a filler will blend the best but will take longer.
Put a straight edge over the hole n check depth with tape measure to c how many coats u will need n how much time will b involved.
And ofcourse, check with your seal company to see what they have to offer.