• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Newspaper ads

upsondown

LawnSite Senior Member
Anyone advertising in the newspapers yet? If so - would love to see you guys post your ad on the site.

FFMED74

LawnSite Member
My ad runs in a weekly newspaper fro 8 weeks currently, about $112. It isn't fancy, but gets my info and web site out. It is 2"w by 1"h.

feb_27_001.jpg

ElephantNest

LawnSite Bronze Member
Here's mine, with New Year Special changed to Spring Specials, 2" x 4"

Attachments

Team Gopher

LawnSite Platinum Member
Hi FFMED74,

I like how you use 'firefighter owned.' Have you ever heard any of your new clients mention that is why they chose you?

OP
U

upsondown

LawnSite Senior Member
I must admit that struck me a bid odd too.
Dave

FFMED74

LawnSite Member
Not as of yet, but I have had people at other jobs say they feel more secure knowing that I am a firefighter, it is more of a trust issue, I guess. Gopher I think you went to my web page www.straightwaylc.com and I give a free safety walk-through as a sell point to new residential customers.

little green guy

LawnSite Senior Member
I gotta say running an add in the newspaper was a waste of time for me. I got a ton of calls but they where all price shopers and I didn't sign realy anything up. if you bid work cheap i guess it works but if you bid jobs to make money I wouldn't waste the time running around doing all the estimates. Thats just my experience for what it worth.