• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Next Field Test: Which Tanaka Model?

ffemt1271

LawnSite Bronze Member
i would be interested in field testing just about anything you can send my way

RonB

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm in the market for both a handheld and backpac blower, that's what I'd like to see tested.

Already have the 210S and totally happy with it.

Jaeger

LawnSite Member
RonB said:
I'm in the market for both a handheld and backpac blower, that's what I'd like to see tested.

Already have the 210S and totally happy with it.
Having many handheld blowers from the main brands (Stihl, Redmax, JD 4cycle, Echo and Tanaka) I must say, the Tanaka is a special breed. Nice weight, awesome blowing power, high quality and some metal pieces in areas mostly plastic in others.
Impressive handheld. Could use a rubberized hand grip area and better hold down and start stability. The Stihl is like a BMW, Tanaka like a Nissan 350Z,
Redmax like a Chevy truck, John Deere BH25LE a Cadillac. O the echo is a honda. Where is Honda in the blower market anyway?

Latter
Erich

hillndale

LawnSite Member
Hey it's prunin' time in my neck of the woods. I know there has been a lot said about the 210S, and I belive it's been tested too. I'm Stihl torn between which model/manufacturer to go with.

hillndale :headphones:

Jaeger

LawnSite Member
hillndale said:
Hey it's prunin' time in my neck of the woods. I know there has been a lot said about the 210S, and I belive it's been tested too. I'm Stihl torn between which model/manufacturer to go with.

OK
Get either the Tanaka or the Redmax.
Both quality machines to last quite a while.

Erich

hillndale

LawnSite Member
Jaeger said:
OK
Get either the Tanaka or the Redmax.
Both quality machines to last quite a while.

Erich
OK so which model RedMax & how much. The Tanaka 210S is $350. The Stihl HS80 is $350 & the Stihl HS81 is $425. So... which RedMax competes at these price points? Thanks

Ron's Lawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi Mark,

i would like to test or see a test on the THB-2510 HANDHELD BLOWER with the vac kit. i currently have an Echo unit that i use in mulch beds. i'm really not happy with this unit and i will be looking at other options this fall.

Thanks,
Ron