Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for business insurance, and was wondering if anyone has made any claims through NEXT Insurance, or what your experience has been with them? They look pretty good but I wanted to get everyone's input. Additionally what brand do you all have for surety bonding?
Sky Azure Rectangle Font Aqua

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Insurance companies are a business, none will just pay out freely every time...
If I file a claim and then another they will raise my rates and at some point they might deny a claim, they have whole lists of reasons for so doing...
Insurance is one of those things we have in case of a settlement I can't pay off...
Not talking a few thousand here, that still falls under settlements I can pay off...
More like 100k or some such insanity...
I get into that kind of trouble, I want insurance.
That said, Hiscox

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Josh - do you have a claim to make, and no insurance? Are you switching insurance companies? I didn’t see anything in your last post about those things.

Call them and get a quote. But like Bakes said, I too like to be able to have a conversation with someone who’s actually working on my dealings. Let us know how they are after you call.

For comparison purposes only, I had a $1900 claim on a twisted deck, and my rates only went up $7 a year. My deductible is $500 so I got a check for $1400 towards my fix - took about 5 days. I am a small part timer. There’s no way I’d pay 5-10k out of pocket instead of making a claim. Those are the textbook “why I carry insurance” claims for me personally.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Josh - do you have a claim to make, and no insurance? Are you switching insurance companies? I didn’t see anything in your last post about those things.

Call them and get a quote. But like Bakes said, I too like to be able to have a conversation with someone who’s actually working on my dealings. Let us know how they are after you call.

For comparison purposes only, I had a $1900 claim on a twisted deck, and my rates only went up $7 a year. My deductible is $500 so I got a check for $1400 towards my fix - took about 5 days. I am a small part timer. There’s no way I’d pay 5-10k out of pocket instead of making a claim. Those are the textbook “why I carry insurance” claims for me personally.
[/QUOT I am just looking to do things correctly, and as a preventative measure and wanting to get insurance. What insurance do you have that you made the home through?

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
Auto Owners here. Pretty comprehensive....also fairly expensive. I wouldnt go cut rate on biz insurance. You fling a blade of grass on someone's precious FIDO you are getting your butt sued.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Erie Insurance sucks!! Great until you have a claim. Had to sue them to make them pay the claim!! They also was ordered to pay all my costs, including a fair amount of time for me personally! The idiots then appealed...and the judge not only ruled against them, but said I should be awarded more than the original costs I was awarded...yes, I moved on from that 3rd rate scam company immediately...I only used them for boat insurance, but what a joke they were.

• Wow
Reactions: Cam15

·
Registered
456 Posts
You want to know what is F'n annoying..... July 31st I read this thread, I think it has 3 posts including the OP post at that time. Now all I see on my PERSONAL facebook page ads now is NEXT insurance.

good grief :confused:
YEP. Everything that you do online is monitored. And every phone call you make is monitored. It has been proven that the NSA monitors cell phone transmissions searching for the words "Assassinate" .. "Bomb" ... and many others. Any time one of these key words is heard by the computer, the call is recorded and saved. Some person then listens to the call to see if there is a threat.

There is ZERO privacy if you use ANY piece of electronic equipment anymore.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I would contact your home/auto agent and see what they can do for you. My Country Companies agent is fantastic!!

Edited to add: I would also recommend you get an "Agreed Value" policy on your equipment/truck etc., especially if using older trucks etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts