• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

NEXT LEVEL

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
Phil, youre never going to get there at 3.50, there may be 1000+ registered users but my guess is many of them are gone and not around anymore. Larry flint, retro, to name two.<p>I suggest someone open a trust account and get this thing off the ground, if its serious. Thats the only way anyones going to fork over 35 cents let alone more.<p>My postal money order for 50 bucks is sitting here waiting for the right place to send it. But I'll be darned Im the first one to mail it in. <p>Bill

Administrator

Administrator
A trust account will be setup on Monday or Tuesday. I did get a $15 check from Rick's Lawn Care yesterday. I will open the trust with that check.<p>Thanks

turfquip

LawnSite Senior Member
I agree with Bill. I've said it before. There needs to be a trust account with Phil as the administrator. If desired, I'll supply a page where contributors and contributions will be listed. There won't be any funny business because each person can verify that their name is on the list with the appropriate contribution. <p>Chuck's gift from the members should be handled in a award atmosphere with lots of press. One or more sponsors should be sought to participate - possibly coordinate a LawnSite party. No sponsor will get on board when guys are sending the owner money with an uncertain outcome.<p>Some say what difference does it make where we send the money, Chuck deserves it. That's fine. Those wishing to may send money to Chuck anytime they want...as often as they want. It's their prerogative, but for THIS promotion we need an account set up for the express purpose of fulfilling the goals of the promotion.<p>Once Chuck gets back from the cruise the topic of funding the site will surely arise again. At that time, if Chuck desires to engage the members in such a discussion, we can do so more clear headedly - not commingling operating funds with trip expenditures.<p>Phil, I encourage you to discuss this with Chuck behind the scenes, make an announcement, have Chuck verify the arrangement with us, and let's get it done, knowing that we'll have something to celebrate very soon.<p>IMHO, it's not going to work any other way.<p>Faithfull friend of LawnSite,<p>Ed<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: turfquip dot com

Nilsson Associates

LawnSite Member
Ed .. I already did the backgrounder on this ... 3 banks, and the cruise line itself, that an account in Chuck's name was the absolute best way. Lot of reasons but cripe it's Sunday afternoon, so why make a federal case of of it?<p>It could be that not the full amount will be raised, if so .. funds are released to him anyway. If all those little checks had to be returned? Too much trouble. Who knows, like I said trying to get the full $3,300 but not sure will make it. <p>A third party receiver? that would cost many of the dollars we're trying to raise. Nobody wants to take charge of &quot;this kind of money&quot; I certainly don't ... <p>It's not a big deal. Have a little faith. If we all keep talking like this, we'll probably sour people from contributing.<p>Simpler is better?<p>Phil N

turfquip

LawnSite Senior Member
<br>No federal case Phil, but I would be interested in hearing what a cruise line has to say about how the funds were raised. Just curious that's all.<p>But that's it. I've said all I will say. I'll remain silent lest I be blamed for the fund not reaching it's objective. I'm in for my original $7.00. <p>Not another peep out of me on this one....

OP
H

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
I hate to whine, cry, piss and moan, but I wish when a person, this time me, makes a post about an issue other than how is feet smelled when he took his wet, stanky, shoes off and how to avoid nose hair growing out of your ears, that the damn thing won't get so off track and distorted.............Phil. Keep your fundraising efforts in your own post and quit runnin' all over everybody!<p>Maybe there is a book out there you should buy from somebody else and it will teach you a little respect. <p>A famous guy on the John Boy & Billy Big Show says the following and it applies now:<p>QUIT RERNIN MY DAY<p>HOMER

Toroguy

LawnSite Bronze Member
O.K. Homer back to the topic,<p>Phil brought up an interesting scenario of a mega merger, or franchising.<p>In Pro magazine a company called U.S. Lawns offers franchises. I dont know what the fee is, but a one crew show, just mowing with all new equipment: truck, mower, whacker, blower would cost $24,000. Depending on truck and equipment. But it takes years to build a customer base. Whereas a &quot;Subway&quot; shop is constructed and all the hungry people stop in for food, within days.<p>The merger concept would also take time.<p>I look more likely for expansion via buy outs of sole proprietors who are having a change of heart. They still mow, but do not have to manage things, suffer the stresses, etc.<br>The customer still see's them once a week.<br>

Nilsson Associates

LawnSite Member
My rough guess, is that by merging under a single banner, the average one or two man outfit would add perhaps $5,000 to $10,000<br>right into the back pocket each year, maybe more ... yet still stay independent 100%.<p>However, won't say more than that because certain folks around here say I'm dominating the conversations. I'm just the messenger delivering the message, don't expect flack though would you? <p>Phil Nilsson<p>