1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Next piece of equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by shane772, Oct 20, 2013.

1. shane772

shane772 LawnSite Member

I am cranking it up next season and want some opinions from the pro's. I've been running a 32" Ferris walk behind single hydro and a Honda 21" HRX for the last 3 years, part time. I'm finally going to hit it full time. I'm wanting to add something bigger to help cut some time off of larger jobs. Would I be better off going with a new Ferris Evolution 48" (less than 5k with current promotion) or a used Scag or other mainstream name stand/sit on ztr for around the same price? I will be financing either way. Can get 0% if I buy new. Opinions?

2. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

How big are the properties you service? If you could warrent buying a 60 I might go that route

3. shane772

shane772 LawnSite Member

right now I only have one large property, it's a big corner lot commercial property, everything else at the moment is residential properties.

4. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you get a 48 I wouldn't bother getting a zturn. I would look at a walk behind or atander

5. shane772

shane772 LawnSite Member

why a walk behind over a ztr? I like the standers too, just hard to rationalize in my mind spending almost the same $ on a used stander -vs- a brand new Evolution.