Nextdoor app question

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Hotty Toddy, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Hotty Toddy

Hotty Toddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Nextdoor business account. Per my understanding, a business cannot directly advertise to Nextdoor members. But you can run an Ad that will be seen in the surrounding areas.

As a landscaper, what is an example of deal you would advertise? X% off a job? Free something? Thoughts?

2. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I did a couple ads on there with mixed results. I just offered a general 15% off (up to $300 max) on landscape services. It lets you choose the radius/ area so that is helpful. Do a little research, or you may end up wasting $$$

Cam15 likes this.
  3. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Platinum Member

I just keep an eye on the site and when someone says they need a landscaper I give em my number. I've got about 3 people that'll recommend me so they pretty much do it for me anymore.

4. rclawn

Yeah around here if you make a post about yourself the “leads” will ban your account. But you can reply to requests. There’s one handyman dude on there that makes fake names and recommends himself, but it is so obvious and makes him look like a fool.

zlandman and Cam15 like this.
  5. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Nextdoor works for a buddy of mine....he does it like Cam....if someone is asking he offers his number...that is fine.

If you go the advertising route don't offer discounts. IMO and it may be just me but I always see it as a slap in the face for any long time clients. I don't get angry or anything but i think it's rude when a company I use offers steep discounts to new people and I've been with them for 10 years with no late payments and I don't get squat. I actually drop a free mow a year to clients that have been with me for a few years with a good payment history.

6. rclawn

I see your point, but I think it’s all in the phrasing... promotional offer/ new clients only kind of thing

7. Stanton Lawn Services

Stanton Lawn Services LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Nextdoor is a hard app to advertise on because it is against policy and all of that jazz. Just check it religiously and try to get any lead that looks worth it. You can usually tell over time who is a habitual "hey I need someone for _____ service" and it is the same service every time.

8. OP
    OP
    Hotty Toddy

Hotty Toddy LawnSite Senior Member

That’s a very good point. The only way to advertise on nextdoor is to offer a deal.

I’ll keep my eye on requests and offer my number. Then they can recommend me if they like my service.

JMK26 likes this.
  9. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

Create your own personal account, and recommend your business. Be honest and let them know it is your business. Only recommend when people are asking about it. This is not against their code

Cam15, GrassManKzoo and Hotty Toddy like this.
  10. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

Let your customers know about NextDoor.com And to get on it if they're not already.
    And then you can encourage them to use you as a business referral, every time a neighbor seeks a recommendation for a lawn/landscape/tree company.

Hotty Toddy likes this.