1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the March 26 article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Nextdoor app question

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Hotty Toddy, Jan 16, 2020.

1. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Asking for reviews is CHEESY. Nothing spells out desperate rather than asking them to post for you. Try and earn them.

2. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

No, its really not. If you have a happy customer, why wouldn't you ask them to review you on google, yelp, etc.. Make it easy for them "It sounds like your pretty happy with our service. If you have the time, would you mind reviewing us? I can send you over an email that will make it a piece of cake"

Now thats one thing, asking them to download the Nextdoor app and recommend you, that might be asking a bit much

Cam15 likes this.
  3. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

Beyond this issue of business promotion, I just like to make all my own neighbors aware of nextdoor.com and encourage the to join for the purpose of the neighborhood being able to network. Thumbs Up
    I think that N.D. is a better fit for this than Facebook.

Cam15 likes this.
  4. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

Asking for reviews is an acceptable form of marketing today and clients that you impress will often be glad to provide one.

If your client says "I can't believe how beautiful my yard is!" throw it out there! They ain't gonna reply "Well, it's not that beautiful!" :laugh:

Cam15 likes this.
  5. PKLIP

PKLIP LawnSite Senior Member

You really couldn't be more wrong on this.