• cricket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Verizon

Votes: 17 22.7%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I had Nextel for 3 years but I switched to Verizon as Nextel was rather pricey but I wish every day I had stayed with Nextel.The Verizon network, phone software navigation, and reliability was far better with Nextel .

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I have had sprint, verizon, and now nextel....

verizon was the WORST I ever had, almost every call got dropped. Sprint was good, I realy dont know why I switched. I like nextel alot though. I want to get a cingular/att just because they have soooo many towers, you ALWAYS have service.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I HAVE NEXTEL NOW , BUT SINCE THE MERGER ANNOUNCEMENT WITH SPRINT I HAVE SEEN A SIGNAL QUALITY DECREASE. DIRECT CONNECT IS AWESOME, BUT THE CELL SERVICE NEEDS MAJOR IMPROVEMENT AROUND HERE. THE PHONE INSURANCE IS GREAT TOO BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH MOTOROLA IS THE TOUGHEST PHONES MADE I BUST EM UP AT WORK. JUST DONT GET EM WET AND THE INSURANCE COVERS IT ALL. NEXTEL HAS COMPANY OWNED STORES THAT FIX PROBLEMS OR DO WARRANTY SERVICE OR EVEN REPLACE THE PHONE IN 5 MINUTES FLAT. NEXTEL CUSTOMER CARE GETS THINGS DONE EVERY TIME AND FAST.
I USED TO GO TO VERIZON FOR A PHONE ISSUE THEY WOULD FLAT OUT SCREWED ME , THE REPAIR GUY WAS NEVER IN OR WAS BOOKED SOLID AND KNOW NOTHINGS AT A CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK SAID " WHY DONT YOU JUST BUY ANOTHER PHONE FOR A FEW HUNDRED? ...ITS EASIER :angry: " THE ONLY REAL THING TO B*TCH ABOUT NEXTEL IS THAT COVERAGE AREAS ARE SMALLER THAN THE OTHER BIG GUYS AND THE DAMN THINGS HAVE TROUBLE GETTING SIGNAL IN LARGER STEEL FRAME BUILDINGS. OVERALL I LIKE THEM FOR OUR KIND OF WORK ( OUTDOORS) ITS GREAT, BUT FOR DOING A LOT OF CUSTOMER CALLS I WOULD GO WITH ANOTHER COMAPNY BASED ON CELL SIGNAL QUALITY.
HAVING THE FREE INCOMING CALLS AINT PAID EITHER :D

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I have nextel. I hate nextel. I don't get service in my house. I have leave my phone in the garage and check it every 5 minutes. I keep the ringer on megaphone. Dropped calls are an hourly thing. Their customer service is horrible. They do nothing to help accommodate you if you have a problem. You'll be lucky to get someone that speaks english.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I like Nextel but the coverage area just isn't that good in my area yet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
can a person with a verizon plan with talkie walkie feature talk to a nextel person with same feature?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Expert Lawns said:
I have nextel. I hate nextel. I don't get service in my house. I have leave my phone in the garage and check it every 5 minutes. I keep the ringer on megaphone. Dropped calls are an hourly thing. Their customer service is horrible. They do nothing to help accommodate you if you have a problem. You'll be lucky to get someone that speaks english.
I'm sorry you had that experience. I have had ENGLISH EVERYTIME I called cc. T- mobile kept routing me to mexico. Everytime I called them they gave me spanish line. It got to the point I called the local news station to resolve it. Hell I told that spanish line I would come down there and kick their burrito ass. It was annoting. I agree sometimes I get dropped calls BUT. I have had less dropped calls this month with nextel then t-mobile. I had 4 t-crap calls dropped in 15 mins. Nextel 2wice this WHOLE month

Btw is getting a job as a sales rep at nextel worth the FREE $200 a month plan and VERY large discounts as and employee worth it.??????????????

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
exmark72 said:
can a person with a verizon plan with talkie walkie feature talk to a nextel person with same feature?
nfw. I actually know someone with a sprint 2 way and I asked the nextel rep could sprint/nextel talk together. He said "it's in the works,in about 4-6 years it will be available" :rolleyes: ;) a lil long if u ax me

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
While Verizon does not have direct connect (which sometimes can be aggravating when you want to have a back and forth dialogue) they do allow unlimited calls between 2 Verizon plan phones. My wife and I actually like this free talking between us better than walkie talkie Nextel as we dont have the annpying beep beep beep beep of Nextel direct connect. At least theres one thing I like about the V plan.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
I'm sorry, but I think an open line is better than "direct connect", anyway. With the walkie talkies,, you still have to go through the steps of dialing the number, anyway. Then, only one of you is speaking at a time. If you miss something, you can't just say "what", you have to wait for their entire dialogue to complete. You have that annoying "bleep blip" that RINGS OUT in restaurants or wherever you're at at the time (I'm so sick of hearing). Also, I do NOT want to be interrupted while speaking to a customer, doing a sale, or whatever the case by someone BEEPING in and blaring out "Hello", or "Are you there?". A quiet ring or vibrate that you can simply bypass suffices well. The one on one continuous line works better for us. If need be, I can set the phone down and use the speakerphone (nice option). Friends of mine have Nextel. One friend has 12 of them for his business, and that's all he does is drop calls while trying to conduct business. I'm sorry, but I would find that pretty frustrating as a customer OR a business owner. It is an ongoing joke that we now call them "Nextimes". If you can't complete your conversation or conduct business in this call, maybe you can do it "Nextime".
I have Verizon and have never had a lick of trouble. The only dropped calls I get are when I'm speaking to my friend with Nextel. Like I said before, the two-way? Don't need it. I just don't see the true advantage of it. He uses it while out plowing and such, but what's the difference? It stays on hold for a bit, which I could see as an advantage, but then it resets, so you still have to redial the number or code to use the two way. If it just stayed on two way and didn't reset until you reset it or got another call, I think that would be better. Put it this way, if all the phones and companies only had a two way feature, and suddenly someone came out with a "continuous open line" (normal phone), that would be like the best thing since sliced bread. It's more gimmick than function.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I use tracfone. When I'm mowing I can't the thing ring and I don't have time to talk on it anyway. I have my home phone number on all of my advertising and my wife can take the calls. Doing estimates are not on my schedule for that day, and I can schedule an estimate for the next day. If they can't wait until then, my wife can call me and I can check for missed messages when I don't have the mowers running.
By doing this, 100 minutes last a long time. Right now 100 minutes cost $30, and usually last beyond the 3 month deadline to buy more air time. It would cost me better than $30 a month to have a regular cell phone. I'm very conservative with phone time, so at this time it saves me to us Tracfone. In my area, I usually have either ATT or Cingular towers being used by Tracfone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.