Nice find... new Rain-o-Mat part circle head

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by bradsu44, Feb 25, 2018.

1. bradsu44

bradsu44 LawnSite Member

Found this treasure on eBay of all places. I got two of them, and there is this gem. A new Rain-O-Mat head, half circle model. This one has a 1/2" inlet and the stem looks more like something you would see on the Rain Jet heads. There are opposing outlets that give it a spray that would see on the old Toro Rain Pro 320s and XP-300s. The screw, self explanatory. The other head is worn but I am going to see if I can clean it up. If someone wants to swap for it, hit me up.

ii4j7XXuQ+eDpWd2WTO70A.jpg

%MgXT%ZmTDSpQv%nh3KVng.jpg

dvqKv5eoROe1n+uM2gWXiQ.jpg

2. Robert Stone

Robert Stone LawnSite Member

What would you like to swap?

3. bradsu44

bradsu44 LawnSite Member

I would like to get my hands on a Rain O Mat #7. Would gladly trade the worn half circle model for one.

4. Robert Stone

I will check my stock and see what I have.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Try to get some additional close-up shots of the holes. You will notice something you haven't yet mentioned.

6. Robert Stone

06C9391B-730A-48E2-BA66-66B3530DE7CE.jpeg
    Could not find numbers on the 1/2” inlet heads. The large one is a #9.

7. bradsu44

bradsu44 LawnSite Member

Interesting those holes aren't exactly round are they! One looks like it is suppose to be more of a spreader nozzle.

8. bradsu44

bradsu44 LawnSite Member

I think the smaller 1/2" inlet full circle model is technically what they called #7. I may be mistaken I would gladly send you my 1/2" half circle head for a 1/2" full circle head.

1eSbjNX3SIOwpjySRc%evw.jpg

xOBIMyj9TSOKWIkNNytAeA.jpg

H%1+EsK3Rw2VE%KPhUMPfw.jpg

9. Robert Stone

10. bradsu44

bradsu44 LawnSite Member

Just for display. I might run it on a hose just to get a little bit of video of it in action but otherwise it goes in the box with some of my other old stuff that I have hung on to. Still have a few Rain Bird 171 HPs lying around including one with the crazy dual thread bottom. 1/2" FPT or 3/4" MPT, your choice. A few of Toro's flash in the pan rotors... S604 and the 620. Amazing to see what they came up with in the old days.