Night owls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JBZ Lawns, Jan 22, 2018.

1. JBZ Lawns

JBZ Lawns LawnSite Member

I thought it would be fun and beneficial for the people that are up later than most to connect, let's try it, b!tch about customers, equipment breaking down etc. Have a few beers and vent.

JLSLLC likes this.
  2. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with ya man, lots of nighttime lurkers here. I'm one of them if I fall asleep early. Usually pull a 2-4am shift lol.

Would be cool to to such and meet and work overnight on equipment and bs. But we wouldn't sleep lol

3. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

When I was young I used to go to sleep a 3 in the morning. Now that I am old I wake up at 3 in the morning.:D

zraffz, sjessen, Scagtastic and 3 others like this.
  4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i go to sleep at 11pm during the season and wake up at 7am. in the off season i'm more like 12am-8am sometimes 1am-9am.

chrissyboy likes this.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Good grief...unless I'm plowing I'm in bed by 10 at the latest. Sleeping on the couch by 830-9 usually. Up at 530.

But I only get 3-4 hours when it's snowing.

6. Scagtastic

Scagtastic LawnSite Member

Back in the day....Now in bed generally 9ish read for about 10 minutes or so asleep by 9:30...I'll join the nightowl conversation when I get up at 4. :laugh:

sjessen and JLSLLC like this.
  7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

A few Beers and Im sleeping ..............real good...................and I usually start ..............early....................not sure if this thread will work for me................But heck if theres Beer involved Im in.

Rockchoplawn and JLSLLC like this.
  8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I’d love that. I’m usually in bed by 1. Up by 530. Off season or on doesn’t matter.

But sleep when it’s snowing? Lol. I sleep when we’re done

grass4gas likes this.
  9. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Senior Member

I don't sleep good when I know there's snow on the way. Especially if there's snow on the ground. Like if it starts late in the evening. I'm up pacing the garage watching the local Doppler radar and looking out the window. By midnight I have to get some sleep or I'll be miserable in the morning.

JLSLLC likes this.
  10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I do the same thing in the spring when it is raining.

hort101 and JLSLLC like this.