NJ sAFETY VEST REGULATIONS??

srl28

LawnSite Bronze Member
Any worker who is doing work on or around a public road as of December 31st is technically required to wear ANSI certified clothing, ie reflective safety vest, jacket, etc

LawnMan19

LawnSite Gold Member
Look at it this way you get some safety vest and letter them up it way get you some more advertising, and stick to the regulations.

OP
C

COUNTRYSIDE43

LawnSite Member
Thanks srl28.

We have uniform shorts and would rather not have to wear safety vests. A lot of our work is not on main roads but I def do not want to get any fines. I wonder how much they are going to push this.

Do you have a link that I can look it up on line and read about it? I searched on line but couldnt find anything.

Thanks

Lefet

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks srl28.

We have uniform shorts and would rather not have to wear safety vests. A lot of our work is not on main roads but I def do not want to get any fines. I wonder how much they are going to push this.

Do you have a link that I can look it up on line and read about it? I searched on line but couldnt find anything.

Thanks
If you do find it, please post it, I'd like to read it too.
Thanks.

OP
C

COUNTRYSIDE43

LawnSite Member
Thanks srl28.

Thanks
I mean shirts...not shorts

They're $3 at the flea market. I wear one all the time I'm bicycling here in Florida. Even the local badazz Harley dealership has you wear one for demo rides.

They'll save your life. Or in your case, save your insurance premium.

Fireguy97

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks srl28.

So you care more about fines than caring about the safety of your crew and yourself?

If you do get fined, you'll still have to get the vests. Why not just get the vests to start with, and show your clients that you do take the safety of your crew seriously.

Mick